Lyft Driver Hits 120 MPH With Paying Passenger Onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, what else are you supposed to do with a Charger SRT.
lol.gif

The Dodge Charger SRT sped past a Highway Patrol trooper in Union County but the trooper didn't catch up with the Lyft driver.

I bet that gets put on a plaque in this guy's house.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JustN89
I mean, what else are you supposed to do with a Charger SRT.
lol.gif

The Dodge Charger SRT sped past a Highway Patrol trooper in Union County but the trooper didn't catch up with the Lyft driver.

I bet that gets put on a plaque in this guy's house.

I understand what you're saying about a car like that...but, this guy might have a home in the BIG house for a while! ;^)

Doubt the story is that simple, the passenger was probably all on board with it until the police noticed. Then again what kind of **** thinks they're going to make money driving a Charger SRT for Lyft? Maybe he could no longer afford it and tried to offset those costs, but from the info I've seen, a lot of drivers with less expensive maintenance, insurance, and higher fuel economy, still barely break even as Lyft/etc drivers in the long run.

Last edited:
All of use do stupid things in life. Glad there wasn't cellphones when I was younger. Dad used to tell me that I was looking to go home in a body bag. I outran more radar than most. Passed row of cars that were led by State trooper at 55 mph so when I noticed him it was to late. I was at 140 mph so I floored it to surprise him and prayed he didn't move in front of me. I parked car in woods for the night as no where for me to run. Police came in restuarant looking for anyone who seen my car and claimed I was clocked at 155 mph. Had my cousin with me and he thought it was funny until cops started looking for me then he changed his mind. Sounds like what happened here as all fun until cops got involved.

Originally Posted by tiger862
All of use do stupid things in life. Glad there wasn't cellphones when I was younger. Dad used to tell me that I was looking to go home in a body bag. I outran more radar than most. Passed row of cars that were led by State trooper at 55 mph so when I noticed him it was to late. I was at 140 mph so I floored it to surprise him and prayed he didn't move in front of me. I parked car in woods for the night as no where for me to run. Police came in restuarant looking for anyone who seen my car and claimed I was clocked at 155 mph. e MEmbody gab Had my cousin with me and he thought it was funny until cops started looking for me then he changed his mind. Sounds like what happened here as all fun until cops got involved.
Were you driving a '78 Trans Am & was the sheriff named Buford T. Justice?? Just kidding, no stock '78 T/A on earth could do 140-155!! If I had tried something like that in the small town I grew up in, they would probably just arrest the entire family until somebody gave me up!

Wait, he has SRT and only doing 120mph? If he is at 120mph, then just floor it to the end. At that point it does not matter from legal perspective.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Wait, he has SRT and only doing 120mph? If he is at 120mph, then just floor it to the end. At that point it does not matter from legal perspective.

At some point stupidity overtook the legal perspective

When the wife and I were in Denver last year our Uber driver picked us up in a Tesla Model S. We politely asked for a demonstration of "Ludicrous Speed" and he didn't disappoint
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
The huge unanswered question is...what oil was he using?

Also, need to know if like a true BITOG'er he changes it himself, and more frequently that the manufacturer's recommended OCI.

Originally Posted by road_rascal
When the wife and I were in Denver last year our Uber driver picked us up in a Tesla Model S. We politely asked for a demonstration of "Ludicrous Speed" and he didn't disappoint
smile.gif

Not the "speed" but the "acceleration" or even better "jerk"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back