Lumax LX-1185 Black 18 oz. Suction Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumax LX-1185 Black 18 oz. Suction Gun with 12" Vinyl Hose from Amazon for doing the turkey baster method. I used it to do power steering fluid replacement on Odyssey and Camry. It works OK as far as extracting the fluid from the reservoir. In single pump, you can take out all the fluid. But it is still a mess as it drips and you need two people. The second person needs to hold the waste container as close as possible to minimize the drips as the first person transfers the tube from the reservoir in to the waste container.

I am giving it 3/5. Next weekend, I will try on the brake fluid. I know the brake fluid is even thinner, so it might have more issues.

Yeah Id use a topsider type thing. Those fluid guns are OK for installing fluid into an application. You need to suck and then really quickly invert it so it doesnt leak. 1 person can do a fill job with it without drips. Ive used them to do diffs and transmissions. Youre right, a lighter fluid is likely tougher.

Don't use the same tool to remove brake fluid. Tiny traces of PSF will get in the brake fluid and cause brake system damage.

Have one suction tool for PSF and other oils
One for brake fluid
One for engine coolants

I have that HF one and it is pretty bad. It leaks from everywhere. Fortunately, I was playing with it my bath tub at that time :) The red pvc tube is plain garbage. I have lots of HF stuff in my house but that one is pretty atrocious.

You are right, I should not use the same tool for brake fluid or engine coolant. I was hoping that this tool had no leaks but given that it can not hold on to the extracted fluid, I have to clean the entire contraption spotlessly clean or use my dedicated turkey baster for the brake fluid even thought turkey baster leaks even worse with the brake fluid.

I actually bought extra hoses and even put nice stickers on them i.e. different hose end for power steering and brake fluid before using it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back