Lukoil - Coming to your neck of the woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that a brand of oil called "Lukoil" has just recently replaced Pennzoil at a local quickie-lube shop close to my house.

Now there is an abandoned gas station that just re-opened as a "Lukoil" station.

I've checked out their website:

http://www.lukoil.com/

Is this brand growing in other parts of the US?

Never heard of them. They appear to be Russian in origin. Interesting.

When I saw your topic, I thought that the LuK clutch people had gotten into the refinery business.
grin.gif

I have yet to see them in this area though.

EDIT: In looking further into their site, it appears that they are allied with the Getty Oil Company. We don't have any Getty stations around here either.

Lukoil has been gaining momentum in New England the last couple of years. The only places I've seen them though have been in Philly and Jersey.

They are all over Phila area. I don't trust the Russians after their scam of substituting untaxed #2 fuel oil for diesel. I'm guessing the addives were not...added. Phila Inquirer had a big article on their recent buy-out of Mobil, if anyone wants to search.

HaHa, for hardcore Russian criminals the USA is easy pickings; sheep waiting to be sheared. You don't survive in Russian business without being more than tough...

I read about this company 5 or 6 years ago in Forbes magazine. IIRC they has huge pipelines and huge leaks and didn't bother fixing the leaks because there was pleanty of oil to make up for it. Then they started what I believe was a joint effort with a US oil company. Hopefully they fixed the leaks by now. Anyway, I wonder if they sell motor oil here, what kind of zddp levels it will have?

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH:
IIRC, they're only in the gasoline business, I don't believe they plan to sell motor oil. [/QB]

They have a banner advertising Lukoil brand motor oil at the local quickie-lube just down the street from me.

Yeah they are all over the place in the NJ/PA area. I'll continue to use Shell.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
These Lukoil guy's sound like they would be good Amsoil dealer's.
patriot.gif
lol.gif

' intended'

Is their slogan "..buy or die..."?
grin.gif
I live in Northern NJ and travel all over NJ and even down to Southern NJ and to Phila occasionally and I've yet to see one.
dunno.gif
. Not that I'd ever buy from them. Heck I don't even use Getty gas in NJ anymore. It pings and runs like crap in any vehicle I've put it in. And this is from different Getty stations. I understand they use ethanol, while except for Hess which also uses ethanol, the rest of the gas sold in NJ uses MTBE. My mpg is worse with MTBE than "straight" gasoline but at least the vehicles run halfway descent and get better mpg compared to ethanol.

Whimsey

quote:

Originally posted by Vortec_4300:

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH:
IIRC, they're only in the gasoline business, I don't believe they plan to sell motor oil.
They have a banner advertising Lukoil brand motor oil at the local quickie-lube just down the street from me.

Woah, so much for that info...I swear I read that they were only in the gasoline business, but looks like I was mistaken.

Lukoil = Getty. Cheap Russian Gasoline. I used to go to a Getty Gas stations in Virginia.. they were always 2 to 3 cents cheaper. In New York there everywhere!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back