Lugging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a '95 Honda Accord sedan with a 145 hp V-TEC 4 banger, and I'm using M1 T&S 5W-40. I'm thinking about switching to Redline 10W-30, because it seems more appropriate for my application (pizza delivery).

My question is, both of these oils have high HT/HS scores (3.8 for Redline and 4.2 for T&S), would I ever have to worry about loading the engine enough to lug it?
dunno.gif

BTW: The engine produces 145 hp and 147 ft/lb of torque, and the car weighs about 3100 lbs, if that makes any difference...

[ April 21, 2004, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Palut ]

You can "lug" any engine-and it will result in more bearing wear. I tend to do it on my Sentra-even though its manual. We haven't noticed here that Redline has outperformed Mobil 1 in normal driving conditions (probably including pizza delivery) Just an opinion though
smile.gif

I wouldn't have a problem running either of thoes oils in your application. If Mobil 1 is easier to get..keep with it.

Thanks guys. My thinking for switching to Redline is that since it's ester based AND has moly, it would be pretty good in all the starts that my car sees. Redline is sold at one store here, so I think that I'll switch unless they charge an outrageous price for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back