Lucus red n tacky vrs lucus heavy duty grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was using mobil 1
Switched to red n tacky because mobil 1 separated, so does red n tacky. What a mess leaking out of the grease gun.

Does anyone know if there heavy duty seperates ?
I want a good grease for wheel bearings that wont leak everywhere out of the gun.

Have you tried Valvoline crimson? Personally, Lucas red n tacky is great grease, and the separation doesn't bother me, but I'm fairly certain I haven't experienced Valvoline separation. I'm sure others have though.

Maybe it's that I'm used to having my hands dirty, but I really don't see what the big deal is with separation and leakage. Have any of you guys tried storing the grease gun in a cooler place?

I just don't like the fact that it drips all over everything.
Driveway shoes whatever

I use the Lucas …. X-Tra Heavy Duty (green color) in my grease gun / stored in garage all year.
I have never seen it separate. (Summer temps up to 90 degrees)

I have 'extra' tubes stored in my basement for 2 years and it does not separate.
I've been using Lucas X-Tra HD for years on u-joints, Riding Mower steering & spindles and Push Mowers axles / never a problem.

I always remove the covers in the store and look for separation when comparing greases.

Last edited:
Are you for real or just playing mind games since this went around last week ?

Did it wow
Didn't know.
Greased my truck at my oil change and my red n tacky dropped all over.
Been thinking of switching to there heavy duty grease.
I dont think its lithium based and dont wana mix it in my boat and tt wheel bearings

This one has been in a hot shop over a year

EEAB4EB2-904E-4AAD-9FDF-67DDE27BBCA2.jpeg

Originally Posted by Red91
Have you tried Valvoline crimson? Personally, Lucas red n tacky is great grease, and the separation doesn't bother me, but I'm fairly certain I haven't experienced Valvoline separation. I'm sure others have though.

Maybe it's that I'm used to having my hands dirty, but I really don't see what the big deal is with separation and leakage. Have any of you guys tried storing the grease gun in a cooler place?

Worse I recall is M1 … JT6 does not separate

Originally Posted by tblt44
I want a good grease for wheel bearings that wont leak everywhere out of the gun.

Buy a wheel bearing grease that comes in a tub.

Thanks for a few good recomendations.
I need if for a gun as I grease my boat and travel trailer bearings with it.

Just to add...I've been using Valvoline Cerulean on many equipment, dump trailers and commercial mowers. Also on a Kubota tractor. The gun and tubes are in a tin roof shop, no AC. It's been 90°+ for the last two weeks. No drips!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back