Luck of the Dumber.

My dad told me of this Dutch saying. Better to be dumb and lucky than smart and unlucky.
I experienced this yesterday. I took my truck to pu some stuff from Home Depot and kept noticing a gasoline smell at times. The truck was running great and I figured it was because I filled the tanks. I drove about 100 miles before I decided to check my oil before heading home. I then noticed puddles of gas on top of the intake on the passenger side. I was debating driving home but I had already been driving in the middle of nowhere on back roads without a hiccup. So I dumbly drove home another forty miles, nervously! Now I have to figure out what the deal is. I'm guessing orings on the injectors. The truck is 29 years old. It sure felt good making it home.

Uhhmn, pools of gas should have an obvious source. Now that you're home what was the leak? Make sure you buy injection rated hose. Maybe pick up a set of rebuilt used injectors.

I thought an update was in order. It ended up being one of the two valves on the fuel rails that was leaking. I did buy the injector o ring kit, it wasn't needed. A lot less work anyways.

Reactions: JC1
Back