Lucas UCL + FP60 in at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been discussed here before, just couldnt find it...what was/is the final verdict?

Thanks

PS i was thinking like 2 oz FP and 2 oz UCL in a 19 gallon tank

Dunno really... I am currently still mixing in my FP with my new bottle of UCL. The FP did not do anything that the UCL does not do (my personal opinion & experiance. I was tired of spending that much $$ for the same results as what I can get out of the $16 UCL.

The purpose of FP60 is to clean your fuel system. Lucas will clean it but also screw with your oil. The solvents in the UCL eat at your bearings.

Quote:

The UCL has showed some strange wear numbers in past UOA.
That's why i never used it, nor recommended it.

Please show us. I'd like to see a UOA on the same engine with and w/o UCL and showing an increase in "strange" wear numbers.

edit: I just searched for a few minutes and cannot find any.
dunno.gif

Last edited:
yep...no solvents. You are better off using Regane/Techron/Redline 3-4 times a year.
FP60 is no better than Lucas in my experience.

I find FP is MUCH better than lucas at cleaning. My 2.5 has a TBI injector system. I noticed that at high acceleration that the jector had a certain noise to it, like a hiss. It reminded me of when you place your thumb most of the way way a garden hose, like a restricted flow sound. I figured the old injector was partially plugged up. I have run most everything through the fuel so far, it helped it alot but never fully got rid of that injector noise. And when I say I ran everything, I mean
Techron, Regane, Redline, Supertech cleaner, Gumout cleaners,lucas, MMO, etc. And each of these was run MANY times. Car runs great but that sound bothered me. I ran a massive "shock" dose of FP60 2 weeks ago on it. The dose I used was 13oz FP to 14 gallons of 87 regular fuel. Took about 30 miles or so of driving to see or hear any difference. After that 30 miles or so I was punching it up a very steep winding road near my house. It was then I listened to the engine and heard absolutely NO hiss sounds. After I ran that tank out I filled up without any FP in it. The sound is still gone. The FP must have cleaned out that deposit.

In this past month I have become such a LubeControl fanboy its unreal. First, my experience with LC20 smoothing and very much quieting my engine and now FP.

lUCAS UCL is more of a top cylinder lubricant(U=upper C=cylinder L=lubricant) and states so along with it having NO solvents in it on it's bottle and I have used it for the last 120thou++ miles in a 98 Suzuki Swift using M1/AMS/GC every 10thou miles and after 6 oil samples and 55 thou miles(70thou to 125thou w/1 for 15 thou M1/EP)I think some strange wear ##'s would have shown up. Well none ever did!!! and it is still running today with 158thou++ and is still averaging 41winter/45+summer(best of 48mpg on numerous freeway runs) and 43.03mpg overall since I started using UCL which was a 2+mpg increase from before. The car is getting better than EPA which was 39/43. I will keep using it!!!! 2oz every 6/8gal fillup!!!

Gudmund,

But has Lucas kept your intake valves & injectors clean ??
dunno.gif

Or does Lucas just act as a light lube with no cleaning affects ?

Tank MPG additive
32.15 UCL
34.37 UCL
35.45 UCL
34.61 UCL
33.32 none
34.84 none
34.53 UCL
34.30 UCL
34.11 UCL
33.31 Gumout Gas Mileage Improver
32.42 Gumout Gas Mileage Improver
33.81 none
33.21 UCL
33.16 UCL
33.81 UCL
33.25 UCL
34.03 UCL
34.62 UCL
33.86 UCL
34.40 UCL
32.70 UCL
35.73 UCL
34.16 UCL
33.03 UCL
31.99 UCL
34.55 UCL
33.50 UCL
33.35 UCL
34.59 UCL
32.39 none
33.47 UCL
30.74 UCL
33.29 UCL
32.01 none
30.05 none

My last 35 tanks (EPA 26/34). Statistics:
Average / Count
UCL 33.74 / 27
none 32.73 / 6
GGMI 32.86 / 2

Still not statistically significant, but I like the "trend".

has UCL kept my injectors & valves clean? How am I too know unless I was to put a scope down it's intake. I do know it's still averaging the 43.+ overall mpg with over 158++thou miles on it which must say something for it not being too conjested up with crude. Plus it is a newer than 96 model which means it has the OB's-II computor system and the red lite has never come on showing any problems. But yes I do, even with the UCL, run injector cleaner every 5 to 10thou miles just to kept thing halfway clean. I change plugs every 50thou++(just put in my 4th set of +2Bosch a week or so ago) and they still look great!!

there is a article that i read which i can't find so take this as you wish....i read that lucas ucl produce deposits after burning causes severe coking on the rings...it has always made sense to me with fuel additives that are upper cylinder lubes after burning cause coking by products and is very hard or next to impossible to remove..as long as there is that possibility iam going to stay away from those products including fp3000 when it comes out until i learn more..

Quote:

there is a article that i read which i can't find so take this as you wish....i read that lucas ucl produce deposits after burning causes severe coking on the rings...it has always made sense to me with fuel additives that are upper cylinder lubes after burning cause coking by products and is very hard or next to impossible to remove..as long as there is that possibility iam going to stay away from those products including fp3000 when it comes out until i learn more..

From the tests run on this site I wouldn't think lucas UCL presents that problem. It appears to be very clean burning.

I say go for it. Run them both at the same time.
But, I don't see the need for both when either one will do the same by itself. Why waste twice as much money?

Now if you plan on running a 1/2 dose of both to your full tank of gas, let us know how it works. That 2+2 dosage is a good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back