Lucas UCL and the cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to town to get a gas can filled up for my truck and brought the bottle of Lucas and put it in the back of the van for the 20 mile trip to town. I should also say that the outside temp is -34C. Right next to the Lucas is my litre bottle of 2 cycle snowmobile oil. I get to town to fill up the gas can and tried to pour the Lucas in and it would not move! Its too bad I didn't have a thermometer in the back to tell you how cold it was but I had the rear heater blowing out the upper vents on low (no passengers with me) I will guess -15C. The 2 cycle oil poured out but you could tell it was cold. I think I will leave the Lucas for the summer. At least with the snowmobile 2 cycle I know its made for the winter.

The problem lies in getting it to mix properly at -30 and -40 temps. Even if the Lucas is warm once it hits the cold gas it may ball up and keep from mixing properly.

Originally Posted By: tuckman
I was going to town to get a gas can filled up for my truck and brought the bottle of Lucas and put it in the back of the van for the 20 mile trip to town. I should also say that the outside temp is -34C. Right next to the Lucas is my litre bottle of 2 cycle snowmobile oil. I get to town to fill up the gas can and tried to pour the Lucas in and it would not move! Its too bad I didn't have a thermometer in the back to tell you how cold it was but I had the rear heater blowing out the upper vents on low (no passengers with me) I will guess -15C. The 2 cycle oil poured out but you could tell it was cold. I think I will leave the Lucas for the summer. At least with the snowmobile 2 cycle I know its made for the winter.

That was one of the reasons I don't like Lucas UCL, and stuck with MMO over the years.

I seemed to notice a slight dip in gas mileage during the winter when I used the Lucas UCL, never felt any difference in the way the engine ran with it in there.

On the otherhand I noticed a difference when I used MMO in the gas during the wintertime, also the MMO is much cheaper than the Lucas UCL.

I gave up on Lucas UCL.
Expensive and no visible results. I'm sure it helped lube some things, but never again.
MMO or good 2 stroke oil is all I use in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back