Lucas Slick Mist family of products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

I bought some Lucas Slick Mist Quick Wax a few weeks ago. I've been using it and can report that it works very well. I really like it.

The reason I'm posting this is that I'm curious if anyone has had first-hand experience with their Slick Mist Interior Detailer or the Slick Mist Tire & Trim Shine.

I've been so impressed with their quick wax, I really wanted to give their other products a try. I'm sure I will pick up some Tire Shine. I am not "married" to anyone one tire product. I just buy whatever. However, I've always been a faithful user of 303 protectant for my interiors for almost 10 years. I've never been dissatisfied, but thought that I might want to try this product for a couple of reasons:

1) It appears to be a cleaner too. As far as I know, 303 is just a protectant. It doesn't necessarily clean.
2) I can find the lucas product closely.

So...has anyone used these products? Thanks!

I have not tried the Slick Mist family, but Ive only heard good things about the spray wax.

Saw Slick Mist this Sat at NAPA for $10 for a large bottle. Aware of it because the funny video on youtube. Never used it

303 contains a cleaner, it says so on their website. They also have a fairly new product called Speed Detailer. I have not tried any of the Lucas products yet.

303 is not oily or greasy and does not attract dust. In fact, 303 treated vinyl repels dust, dirt and stains, stays cleaner longer and is much easier to clean when finally soiled. Since 303 contains a tested-safe-for-vinyl cleaner and is a cleaner and protector combined, precleaners and precleaning usually are not required.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
303 contains a cleaner, it says so on their website. [/i]

Great info. Thanks! I missed that.

I got the sense that the tire shine is designed to NOT be that really greasy/glossy finish but a more natural finish.

Well, I bought some of the Lucas Slick Mist Tire & Trim Shine and tried it out last night. It definitely is not a greasy/sticky/shiny product like some out there. I had used Black Magic (I think) on my truck before and it looked good (if you like the really shiny look), but it would sling off into the wheel well.

The nice thing about the Lucas product is that I can use it on the black plastic exterior pieces of my Toyota Tacoma and it looks really nice. As for using it on the tires....well...it makes them look new/natural. It is also very much a liquid and will not sling off. It was much less messy to work with that other products I've used. However, I think I may be too used to the high-gloss look and may go back to a high-gloss product just for the tires. If you like the natural/black/matte look then this is probably a good product for you. It also seems good for exterior plastic trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back