Lucas racing oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Originally Posted By: lsxjon

????? So you are an expert on racing oil but don't race. You don't believe voa or uoa has any merit. You think that I believe Lucas is keeping people from winning races? You must share the same first name with the owner of Lucas and have the last name of Gump. Good luck with your oil

I never said I don't race, only that my racing experience is irrelevant with respect to Lucas oil. Keep reading on this board and "maybe" you understand why UOA/VOAs on this board are just anecdotal information. You admitted that Lucas is only good for towing to the lane and back and not good for racing, which I thought was funny. BTW, I don't believe luck has nothing to do with my oil, may be you do????

Now we are getting some where. You have no relevant experience with Lucas oil and racing. I have scientific data and Lucas's own recommendations to racers that they sponsor. You have a box of chocolates.

So Lucas recommends that you use their oil to tow to the lane and back? Is that your scientific data? Where is my chocolate?

Since you dont race much, I'll educate you. Some "tow to and from the lane" and others drive their car from the pits to the lane, and back to the pits after a pass. I'll assume you know what a pass is. When you tow to and from, the oil does not get significant heat in it. Those that do not tow will typically have oil temps anywhere from 30-60 deg. higher. This has a significant impact on light weight racing oils. Some oils, such as Royal Purple, make better power with heat. Those racers that tow and run RP will pre heat the oil to around 180. Some oils are desinged to make the best power with less heat. This would include Lucas. If you drive your car from the pits and back, Lucas is not the best choice. This woulds effectively take the Lucas product out of its optimal temp range.

Forest, you gave your chocolate to Jenny.

Ohhhhhh , ive got to come in on this last bit, , If an oil get to hot, and you drive your car from the pits and back, then the Lucas oil is no the best choice!!!!

Come on, I got this oil , cos Im dooing 100-150 mile, and giving it some stick at that, when ever i take it oot

and it was supposed to be better than the normal 20,50,s sold over here,

although, its still only SH rated, but says, exceeds SH ratings,

so is it no good for fast road use, as i was told by the sales team,

so going by what ye say, the oil i got is no good for this !!!!

or have i picked ye up wrong,

Marcus Baffledicus

Originally Posted By: marcusaurailius
Ohhhhhh , ive got to come in on this last bit, , If an oil get to hot, and you drive your car from the pits and back, then the Lucas oil is no the best choice!!!!

Come on, I got this oil , cos Im dooing 100-150 mile, and giving it some stick at that, when ever i take it oot

and it was supposed to be better than the normal 20,50,s sold over here,

although, its still only SH rated, but says, exceeds SH ratings,

so is it no good for fast road use, as i was told by the sales team,

so going by what ye say, the oil i got is no good for this !!!!

or have i picked ye up wrong,

Marcus Baffledicus

the 20-50 should be fine for your application. I can only speak to drag applications. Most drag race stuff, especially naturally aspirated, has moved to lightweight oils to squeeze out every last bit of power. Only trial and error will tell you if the oil is working out for you. Best of luck to you.

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
"Where is your evidence of Lucas is a bad oil?"

I never said it was. I said it was ordinary based on everything I've heard or seen (mostly analysis data) in the past 10 years.

And where is your evidence to the contrary?

Meaning you just guessing. My evidence is Lucas is winning at the track and I've told you to check with NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, PPL, and USHRA tracks across the country for Lucas records. I am not going to teach you how to look for the info you need to make right decision. Like I have said before: oil is not proven on the internet but on the race track.

Since you dont race much, I'll educate you. Some "tow to and from the lane" and others drive their car from the pits to the lane, and back to the pits after a pass. I'll assume you know what a pass is. When you tow to and from, the oil does not get significant heat in it. Those that do not tow will typically have oil temps anywhere from 30-60 deg. higher. This has a significant impact on light weight racing oils. Some oils, such as Royal Purple, make better power with heat. Those racers that tow and run RP will pre heat the oil to around 180. Some oils are desinged to make the best power with less heat. This would include Lucas. If you drive your car from the pits and back, Lucas is not the best choice. This woulds effectively take the Lucas product out of its optimal temp range.

What a load of misinformation!!!! The reason racers drive to and from the lane is that they can't afford a tow vehicle. With the correct oil viscosity and engine clearance you do not need to preheat the oil. Here in Phoenix where the temperature is >110 during the day do you think there is a need for preheating the oil? Call up Redline and they will tell you why there is no need to preheat any of their oils.

You are digressing from the fact that you have no proof that Lucas is a bad oil. Do you have any other facts beside thing that you do to loose races with Lucas?

What a load of misinformation!!!! The reason racers drive to and from the lane is that they can't afford a tow vehicle. With the correct oil viscosity and engine clearance you do not need to preheat the oil. Here in Phoenix where the temperature is >110 during the day do you think there is a need for preheating the oil? Call up Redline and they will tell you why there is no need to preheat any of their oils.

You are digressing from the fact that you have no proof that Lucas is a bad oil. Do you have any other facts beside thing that you do to loose races with Lucas?

Loose as in bad traction? Oh, you mean lose. Im done arguing with stupidity.

Ummm, I know a number of racers that tow their cars to the lane with things varying from golf carts and 4-wheelers to Senior scooters and mini-bikes. It is not necessarily a matter of affordability.

"My evidence is Lucas is winning at the track and I've told you to check with NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, PPL, and USHRA tracks across the country for Lucas records. I am not going to teach you how to look for the info you need to make right decision."

Thanks for the condescension ... and continued empty bluster.
smirk2.gif

Oh, and I just called all of those sanctioning bodies and they told me Lucas Oil doesn't have any records. You know differently?
21.gif

This is quickly becoming a two man argument bordering on personal attacks.

Clean it up please, and leave the personal stuff aside.

-MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back