Lucas Quart bottles work well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Lucas Quart injector cleaner bottles work well for adding directly to tank without needing a funnel or measuring cup?( thinking about pouring another additive from gallon jug into one of those)

they work best if you dump out the lucas stuff and put your own stuff in there -
Like Lamp oil and toluene
smile.gif

Lucas does actually blend some real good PROFESSIONAL racing oil. Too bad the other consumer level marginal to worthless product is needed to finance the good stuff.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
they work best if you dump out the lucas stuff and put your own stuff in there -
smile.gif

I bought a gallon of RLI bio-plus. Want to get away from the measuring cup and funnel.

I use an oversized plastic syringe that has a tube on it. I my fuel additive out of the container plus a little air. Put it in the fill port of the fuel tank and push it out. Works great. Precise and not messy at all. (They come in all kinds of sizes, below is just an example)

I just trimmed back the hose to be just long enough to go to the bottom of the bottle.

515WE4UdBHL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2James1
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
smile.gif

I bought a gallon of RLI bio-plus. Want to get away from the measuring cup and funnel.

I use a stabil bottle, just like above for RLI.
~1oz per fillup, is close enough to the roughly 1oz/15gal maint. dose for me. (my fillups are 10-12 gal usually)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back