Lucas full synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
LUCAS makes great products, how much was it... you might be able to get other brand synthetics that will be fine for your application. MOBIL1, PP, QS HP

I am running this stuff right now in my 03 Golf TDI since it claims to meet VW 505 spec. I got it for $1/qt at Checker on closeout. I will do a UOA at 10K to see how good it is. To be honest, I am running it as a blend with Red Line Race Oil.

Why would you want to dilute a quality synthetic like Redline with Lucas???
21.gif
I can see getting a deal but even then I would be hesitant to throw it in my mower!

Last edited:
I run Redline race oil as a blend in all of my vehicles. There is no proof that Lucas is a bad oil, only assumptions. Redline race oil will make good oil out of almost any oil and good oil better. I buy Redline race oil by the drum because I race on a regular basis.

A little off topic but Lucas oil has enough money to pay the Inidianapoils Colts new stadium Lucas Oil Stadium but I probably have seen Lucas Oil ad's maybe once or twice. You'd think that if they have enough money to shell out big bucks for a stadium yet they hardly advertise on TV their products.

Interesting. I have used several Lucas products and found them to be of inferior quality. Certainly not comparable to a product like RL. Personally I would never blend/mix two oils as i believe the guys in the lab know what they are doing enough to produce a product for a specific application that is optimal and needs little else. But if it works for you thats cool.

It's probably just some generic formulation made by Lubrizol with the Lucas brand name. It's probably a fine oil to use but nothing I would spend $6-$8qt on, which is what it was priced at @ PepBoys. It probably won't be around too much longer.

Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
Interesting. I have used several Lucas products and found them to be of inferior quality.

How did you find them to be of inferior quality? Was this based on price and VOA or was it scientifically determined?

VOA and had the stabalizer foam up several times when used in a suburban and VW. They are all advertising and hype. Oil additives for the most part are [censored], yes, but these were very bad indeed. As buster indicated this is probably a Lubrizol formulation, nothing special.

I dont like Lucas products but what I am really pointing out here is that it wouldnt matter if you had added PP to the RL. I am a believer in running one oil due to the fact that it has been designed to be the best for the given or intended application. If its a street/strip application just run a RL street oil. I use RL street oils in my turbo charged camaro SS and its putting down some serious power.

VOA does not tell the whole story about how oil will perform. You think the stabilizer foamed up several times but not all the time with no scientific proof. Your condemnation of Lucas oil is based on Buster guessing that it might be a Lubrizol formulation. See what I mean, all assumptions and no fact.

If you don't like Lucas and believe in running one oil then that is fine with me. I don't buy Lucas on purpose but at $1/qt for synthetic I am all in, same with PP and Synpower. My UOAs of Redline blend with any oil are better than UOAs of any oil by itself. My belief is based on real world experiences and not just hearsay.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
VOA does not tell the whole story about how oil will perform. You think the stabilizer foamed up several times but not all the time with no scientific proof. Your condemnation of Lucas oil is based on Buster guessing that it might be a Lubrizol formulation. See what I mean, all assumptions and no fact.

If you don't like Lucas and believe in running one oil then that is fine with me. I don't buy Lucas on purpose but at $1/qt for synthetic I am all in, same with PP and Synpower. My UOAs of Redline blend with any oil are better than UOAs of any oil by itself. My belief is based on real world experiences and not just hearsay.

Excellent post!

People,unless you've run Lucas oil and have a UOA,or have run it in one of YOUR OWN vehicle applications,then you cant say squat about it,so stop with the "guessing" "assuming" whatever,because you have not a clue unless you have run it,period.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
Originally Posted By: azsynthetic

Excellent post!

People,unless you've run Lucas oil and have a UOA,or have run it in one of YOUR OWN vehicle applications,then you cant say squat about it,so stop with the "guessing" "assuming" whatever,because you have not a clue unless you have run it,period.

We can then delve into whether a UOA is telling you ANYTHING at all other than contaminant levels and oil life though.....

As per Doug Hillary's article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back