Lucas fuel treatment in torpedo heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ

I have a jug around that I tend to use mostly in my small engines. Went from fueling the snowblower to filling the kerosene torpedo and the idea of trying the Lucas in the torpedo crossed my mind. Been mixing some diesel n the torpedo lately since kerosene went so high this winter.

Good, bad, worst idea ever? Fumes going to kill me or make me grow and extra limb?

Torpedo is run on a lamp timer to keep a detached garage above freezing, I don't actually spend a lot of time in there.

I don't know if its a bad idea, but i wouldn't say its a good idea either. I think it would just burn along with the fuel and not accomplish anything.

I thought the minor benefit to the stuff was improving the consistency of atomization of fuel, hence my use of it in small engines that still have carbs. The fuel spray on the torpedos is pretty coarse.

I have a infrared non-contact thermometer since there is no feedback loop on the fueling of these things maybe I can actually measure a change IF my thermometer reads high enough?

So I tried a reading with a cheap non-contact thermometer and got about 660f at the tip of the cone(run for 15 minutes for stable temp) with the blend of kerosene and diesel that was in it then added some Lucas, 1/2oz maybe in 3 gallons, and shook it up relit it and read again after about 5 minutes to let it come up to temp again and saw about 700f.

Will run it dry and try the test again the reading can vary a fair amount if I am not pointing at the same exact spot.

Sofar it seems promising going to test it several more times though and will try to find a way to eliminate variables like reading point and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back