Lucas 10w50 synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not try it personally as I have seen a few of their fully formulated oil products perform poorly in tests and in real use (gear oil in particular). Like starting viscosity not as listed on the bottle on a motor oil test, along with quick shearing in use. However, I have used their steering fluid additive in a last ditch effort to avoid repair on the power steering of an old beater car and it worked exactly as advertised. I did not want to spend any more money or time on this car.

When I see how much money they dump into racing, I often wonder how many racers actually use Lucas products and I wonder why they don't spend more on R&D and the quality of their products. Maybe I am way off here, but that is my experience. I have never tried that particular oil though.

Junk.
I use their fuel additive on occasion. It contains pib which does help fuel consumption but from my experience their products are pretty much useless.

Castrol Synthetic RS 10w50 is what the shops carry around here for aircooled Triumphs. I also did not like that one. Has decent numbers but it sure shears down to a thinner grade in short order in my experience with my air cooled and shared sump Speedmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back