Lubro-Moly oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in NAPA today perusing the oil aisle for prices. This was on a shelf adjacent to the register, along with a bunch of engine restore/injector cleaner type products from same company. Anyone seen this before/done a VOA on it? Sorry for poor quality, taken on my Cell phone

Photo0094.jpg

Photo0095.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running the 5w30 Longtime High Tech right now in my VW 1.9L TDI. I am doing a 30K OCI so you have to wait until next year before I can do a UOA.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Wait... 30k mile OCI? Holy cow, isn't that too long?

The oil is advertised for OCI up to 40,000 Km (~25K miles). I ran a 20K OCI on Royal Purple before and the result was excellent. I am running a bypass to control soot and most of my miles are highway miles in Arizona weather so I don't see any problem.

Last edited:
Ive heard its a great oil (s). "Longtime High Tech" sure doesnt sound like it though

I recall them being big in the mail-order VW Bug world for a bit in the 80s and 90s. I think the 10W-40 semi-syn "Anti-friction" is popular in the air-cooled engines...

Originally Posted By: crinkles
whats the diff between liqui moly and lubro moly?

Same company, just selling their products in the US and Canada under the brand name LUBRO MOLY.

Tom NJ

Neat selection of oils - wish we could find oils like that on the shelves of stores up here. Closest we get is Redline.....

I know that the 5w-30 is group III. That's why it says "synthetic technology" on the bottle instead of "full synthetic." It's made in Europe, and they can't actually call it a full synthetic over there.

The Liqui Moly is a very highly respected brand in Europe, especially Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the Nederlands.

They have a full range of oils, lubricants, grease and solvents that are all top of the line.

For the past decade or so you could get many of their products through mail order, but now it looks like they are entering the retail store market, I'm glad!

Originally Posted By: hpichris
Are they available at some or all NAPA's now?

Only some. What Napa stocks varies widely from store to store. This applies to pretty much every kind of part. If your Napa doesn't have it in stock, they can order it for you.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Originally Posted By: hpichris
Are they available at some or all NAPA's now?

Only some. What Napa stocks varies widely from store to store. This applies to pretty much every kind of part. If your Napa doesn't have it in stock, they can order it for you.

Thank you! I'll call my local one and see what they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back