Lubrication Engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using 5w-30 oil from Lubrication Engineers, Inc. for some time now and like it. I have not used it in an extended mode, like they claim you can.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used it or has any knowledge of it.

[ June 30, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Thanks. The first time I searched, nothing came up.

NOTE: Search on Lubrication Engineers, not LE!

[ June 30, 2003, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Jetta.Red ]

I put my oil nut mate Ron from Melbourne in touch with LE Australia. After much Timken testing etc Ron is moving his forklift & truck service business over to LE 8800 or 8888 from the German Fuchs lubricants which were very good anyway. With maint dose RX added and a touch of Roil Gold Timken over 150lbs and can't really be measured. Staying with Redline gear oils. This changeover to LE wasn't made lightly. Appears LE is like Schaeffers, a real 'sleeper'.

If you check out the VOA section somebody did a VOA on LE. People did not seem impressed with the VOA but said that the real test is UOA.

Lubrication Engineer's oil's are very highly thought of in the Heavy Duty and Trucking industry. It can be a stiff competitor when purchased in bulk. For us OTC buyers it is pricey. (IMO) In fact the only OTC place that I know of is mail order from Mag-Hytec. I know there are other local Reps that it can be purchased from also.

[ July 03, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
...For us OTC buyers it is pricey. (IMO) In fact the only OTC place that I know of is mail order from Mag-Hytec. I know there are other local Reps that it can be purchased from also.

At approximately $5 US per quart shipped, it's little more than Mobil 1 from Wal-Mart ($4.50 plus tax). Not too unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back