Lubrication Engineers oil is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it arrived yesterday on my porch.
OK its in a bule and white bottel and here are the specs: on the front is states Exceeds performance requirements for API Service CH-4, CF-2, CF/SJ Mack EO-M+ and automotive manufacturers specifications. On the back is their creed I guess thats what you would call it; "No other brand of petroleum lubricating oil what so ever, regardless of price will be found superior in condition to MONOLEC ENGINE OIL at the end of any given period of use."

Now the non sic observations. The oil is RED deeper red than tranny fluid. I put a little of it in a glass and I put a little Amsoil in another glass both 15-40. The LE seem to me to pour alittle easier (not as thick?) than the Amsoil. Then i rotated the glass on its side to cove the sides of the glass they both seemed to "flow at about the same rate. Nest step the "finger test" the LE felt alot slippery than the Amsoil but for a 15-40 the LE did not fell as thick as the Amsoil.
Well any way as soon as my Baldwin filters get here I'll be changeing the Geo Prism (with a toyota engine) 1st, my ram might get a premature change since there is only about 2,000 mi on the Amsoil thats in it.

quote:

"No other brand of petroleum lubricating oil what so ever, regardless of price will be found superior in condition to (insert xyz oil co. ) at the end of any given period of use."

Too funny
lol.gif
IF Amsoil said something like this the board would be ALL over it. But since it says "petroleum" Bob should be...
wink.gif

Enough jokes - really no sense to throw out any Amsoil with just 2K - at least go 5K and do an analysis. EVEN though I really want to see a 5K+ analysis on LE.

Mystic
to do a VOA do I just pour some from the bottle? I have a free sample bottle from Black Stone Labs I could use that but I dont have a way to photo anything and put it on the web. Oh do I have to tell the lab that this is to be a VOA?

Contact Black Stone Labs and tell them that you want to do a VOA. You should be able just too use some fresh oil from one of the containers.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

quote:

"No other brand of petroleum lubricating oil what so ever, regardless of price will be found superior in condition to (insert xyz oil co. ) at the end of any given period of use."

Too funny
lol.gif
IF Amsoil said something like this the board would be ALL over it. But since it says "petroleum" Bob should be...
wink.gif

Enough jokes - really no sense to throw out any Amsoil with just 2K - at least go 5K and do an analysis. EVEN though I really want to see a 5K+ analysis on LE.

Oh but I did bring in some comments about this on the actual LE post that started this.

The sad part about this is that Mr Brian has taken on faith that this oil is the best "according to the manufactures adverstiments" without seeing anything concrete except that they do carry a lot of special names for special additives.

I'm really glad he jumped on this and hopefully will do some analysis so it can di mystify all the special additives used.

I think what people will se is a quality oil that will do an excellent job but will NOT "outperform" much if any over some of the top oils listed here particulary Schaeffers as it is a petro oil. I do want to point out that from what Kevin posted about their group base oils they use, that they maybe very simular to Schaeffers as Schaeffers does the same and quite honestly would expect it to be no less than Schaeffers quality. As for better, well, many have seen what schaeffers can do, I'll have a hard time believing you can get a whole lot better. That's where the differece in marketing comes into play.

Brain, I don't think you made a bad move as I do believe that LE is an excellent product based on Kevins responses. I think the main difference between the two products are 1- Schaeffers been in biz since the 1830's, they-1951's? I think he said. and 2- They are a bit more pricer than Schaeffers is from what I understand. Now as for other petro based oils, I will agree that LE as Schaeffers will not be outperformed by ANY OTHER PETRO based oil. This however, is JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION based on what I've seen on here as well in person.

Thanks Bob. However I never thought that LE was the "Best" that was out there I dont know what the "Best" is or even if just one does exist. After LE I might try Schaeffers oil also. I hope I dont damage my engines with the switching though. I hae used Amsoil and have gotten good results with it the only problem is the membership fee ever year. Like I have stated else where My Da is a long haul truck driver about to retire he has log over a million miles on his Pete 379 with a Cat engine useing LE and on his frist teardown the Cat mech said the engine did not looked like it had a mill on it. When I bought my truck new back in 97 my wife said it would have to be a 10yr vech, since we keep our vech for a long time **** I still got my old 89 Mazda 323 college car that I still use as a daily driver with 151+ on it. I plan on makeing my truck last more than ten years if at all possible. The sticker shock of news wants to make me do that. Have you seen the prices lately?

[ June 18, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Brian D. ]

Sorry Brian, I missed your having been exposed to LE and was basing your opinion and selection from that and not marketing.

You wont have any problems with changing to what ever you decide to ultimately use. Anyway, just curious, can you reveal any ideas as to cost per qt and is there shipping?

No problemoo the total cost was 99.52 I guess that included shipping as it didnt show any break down. Lets see that comes out to about 4.15 a qt they start at a case 24qts and then go up from ther 2gal ect.

Is there anyway you can take a digital picture and show that oil to us? It would be great seeing both a VOA and a UOA on this oil.

sent the LE off for a "VOA" to Blackstone today. They will e-mail me the results so I can cut and past them on here I hope.

I stand corrected Bob the invoice for the oil came in a seperate letter yesterday. There was a charge for shippin above the 99+ cost of the oil, so that raises the total cost of the oil per Qt closer to 5$ a Qt.

Thanks Brian. So basic cost w/o shipping around 4.13 per qt if 24qts. Still higher than Schaeffers. So, cost is higher, now after we see some UOA's on it, we can see if the cost difference is worth it in comparision to schaeffers in respect to wear protection vers mileage.

As for most any other dino, I'm sure it's going to excell over those, but I'm just courious to see a more apple to apple comparision which I believe Schaeffers would be near the same league. Time will tell. Thanks again Brian.

Bob
When I put the LE in how long shuld I go befor the 1st UOA? Also should I change filters at that time or go on to 10 or 12 k?

How much is the Schaeffers per 24qt case or price per qt?

[ June 20, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Brian D. ]

I just found this thread. I have some UOA of LE 8800 (15W40) in Cat 3126E engines, and one of LE 8130 (10W30) in a Toyota 2.7 Tacoma at work. I'll look for the 10W30 and post later today, but the 8800 will be on monday.

Thanks Brian and dri - I'll be interested in seeing both the VOA and UOAs.

dri - are your UOAs from current formulations?

Just posted the UOA of the 8130 in the UOA thread.

FYI, the LE sales people are required to go 10,000 miles between oil changes on their company vehicles.

C-yaa!

quote:

The oil is RED deeper red than tranny fluid. I put a little of it in a glass and I put a little Amsoil in another glass both 15-40. The LE seem to me to pour alittle easier (not as thick?) than the Amsoil. Then i rotated the glass on its side to cove the sides of the glass they both seemed to "flow at about the same rate. Nest step the "finger test" the LE felt alot slippery than the Amsoil but for a 15-40 the LE did not fell as thick as the Amsoil.

Yeah, but how does it taste?
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back