lubrication engineers monolec 8800 uoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
am going to try doing it manualy truck is 2002 E350 7.3psd 6,000 miles on the oil al 2,chrom 2,iron 18,copper 4,lead 5,molybdenum 42,nikel 1,silicon 5,sodium 7,calcium 1287,magnesium 1001,phosphorus 1145,zinc 1340,visc@210 70 visc@100 12.95,flashpoint 410,fuel%.5,insolubles0.3,TBN 6.6.what do you guys think,good,bad or soso thanks in advance,any input will be great Roderick

You could have simply edited your old post instead of creating a new one. That said, looks good. I'd go t at least 8kmi if not 10kmi from the way things are looking.

Looks real good to me, nothing to complain about.

I didnt know Jody did business in Rico. Learn something new everyday

Code:

AL 2

CR 2

FE 18

CU 4

PB 5

MO 42

NI 1

SI 5

NA 7

CA 1287

MG 1001

P 1145

ZN 1340

SUS@210F 70

CsT@100C 12.95

flash 410F

fuel 0.5%

insol 0.3

TBN 6.6

Very good overall. I'd try at least 8k miles, if not 10k miles. The wear looks reasonable and the TBN is obviously capable of more.

Last edited:
Where would guys cut off using an oil in regards to TBN? I'm reading a 6.6 at still being good for at least another 4k??

What filter is being used?

VIS is still holding strong but you have to realize that can change real quick in PSD.

Now is where sampling becomes a game. I'd run to 10k and then sample. Before long the cost of samples cost more then just doing a change. Look at it at 10k and set your OCI.

If you change your tuning or HPOP you will need to reset your OCI. By the looks of the sample you spend most of your time in the 80E tune which has shown to be pretty easy on oil.

Sorry about the double post,still learning so bare with me on that,filter is K&N hp6001 or fleetguard 9027 when available ,and yes you are right 80e most of the time.I would like to know if using a cetane boost (amsoil)would help to maintain TBN since it helps catalizing the fuel for a cleaner burn.To me it looks like is smoking less with the additive also seems to give me better fuel economy,but it could be subjective,thanks to all of you who have replied, Roderick

I doubt the fuel additive has any positive affect on the TBN. Even if it did, it would be an indirect, barely perceptible change.

The typical fuel additive is a multi-task agent that addresses lubricity, cetance improvement, anti-gel (product dependent), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back