Lubrication Engineers,couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in maybe trying their oil in my truck.I have used their oils before,although only in equipment that was at a plant I worked at in the early 90's.. Some oil was in service 4 plus years,oil analysis was always used to determine continued useage.A few times the oil was drained from an out of service/broken piece of equipment,rudimently filtered and poured into a rebuilt piece.Fantastic stuff I must say...Well I searched their website recently and thought well maybe.

First the TBN on the 5w30 oil is a mere 6
shocked.gif
,isn't that really low??? Is it evn worthit???? Second,where to buy??? I googled to no avail..Anyone out there have any comments,suggestions or dealer names??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

quote:

Originally posted by Big John:
I am interested in maybe trying Lubrication Engineers oil in my truck.I have used their oils before,although only in equipment that was at a plant I worked at in the early 90's.. Some oil was in service 4 plus years,oil analysis was always used to determine continued useage.A few times the oil was drained from an out of service/broken piece of equipment,rudimently filtered and poured into a rebuilt piece.Fantastic stuff I must say...Well I searched their website recently and thought well maybe.

First the TBN on the 5w30 oil is a mere 6
shocked.gif
,isn't that really low??? Is it evn worthit???? Second,where to buy??? I googled to no avail..Anyone out there have any comments,suggestions or dealer names??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alright, this post had me very confused the first time, but now it's clear that "Lubrication Engineers" is the name of the company.

http://www.le-inc.com/products/Eo/Eo_Main.html

I've never heard of them, they look like they sell products to industry exclusively. I have no idea where you would buy oil from them. Or whether the quality measures up to consumer-level brands.

New guy here. I sopke with L-E about a month ago. Contact info is on their website. You can order directly from L-E in Texas or they can check and see if there is an L-E rep in your area and they can order for you. I'm considering using their 8800 15w/40 in my 2000 F-350 7.3 and their 8530 5w/30 in my son's Toyota and wife's Infiniti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back