Luberfiner 750 filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. Good question. They don't give the spec's out for it.
54.gif

Do both of those elements go in the same can? Is one heavier than the other? Mr. Woods used to roll up a big custom element to go in those.

Go to a parts store and look at them. This may not be the correct answer but I have seen some elements filled with some kind of compressed fluff and on accasion but not often a pleated element .

I crossed these WIX numbers to Luber-Finer and got the differences through them. These descriptions came straight from a Luber-Finer 750 application guide. The 51750 is a Luber-Finer 3845 and is called a Fleetpak. It can be used with all types of oils, including industrial fluid. Its features are controlled media density for high efficiency and long life. The 51751 is a Luber-Finer 2122 called the Imperial II. It is the higher efficiency version of the 3845. It is to be used with detergent type HD oil. Its features are that it removes fine contaminants without affecting additives. The 2122 is recommended for extended maintenance schedules.

The reason the 2122 is the high efficiency version is due to the way the media is placed into the element housing. The 2122's media is pressed into that housing while the 3845 media is just laid in the element housing. I would give the actual difference in media make-up so you could better see what their differences are but that is proprietary info through Luber-Finer and I can't let you guys know. Hope this is what you guys were looking for.

Last edited:
New member has a strange question.

I'm restoring a 1980 Autocar. Original truck had a beat up 750 luberfiner on it. i found a new one on ebay, bought it, and had it powdercoated. however, when they powdercoated it, they baked the powder with the filter inside it at 300 degrees.

Can i use this filter anyway? cosmetically, it appears undamaged, but who knows?

thanks

Day Radebaugh

Originally Posted By: DWR
New member has a strange question.

I'm restoring a 1980 Autocar. Original truck had a beat up 750 luberfiner on it. i found a new one on ebay, bought it, and had it powdercoated. however, when they powdercoated it, they baked the powder with the filter inside it at 300 degrees.

Can i use this filter anyway? cosmetically, it appears undamaged, but who knows?

thanks

Day Radebaugh
I'd replace the filter. Hate to have it come apart and ruin a $20K engine over a $15 filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back