Lubeguard makes their own ATF now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't miss many specs, do they? Hyundai/Kia SP-IV is on there and not on many other brands of near-universal ATF.

Wonder who makes it for them?

Toyota says atf t-iv is not compatible to atf-ws. Now lubegard has a fluid that claims to be compatible to both. Interesting.

I can't wrap my mind around how that can fully satisfy that many requirements. ATF+4 for example having such a special requirement for friction modifiers for proper friction plate slip without chatter, then the standard Dex/Merc/T-IV, and then your low viscosity fluids WS, LV, D-VI, and not to mention SP-III/IV, which is personally one of the most sensitive applications I've experienced. I worked for two different shops that each self destructed their own low mileage Hyundai Accent transmission using their own Mult ATF, one from SOPUS, one from Ashland.

Who's tried it?

Originally Posted By: W_John_C
I can't wrap my mind around how that can fully satisfy that many requirements. ATF+4 for example having such a special requirement for friction modifiers for proper friction plate slip without chatter, then the standard Dex/Merc/T-IV, and then your low viscosity fluids WS, LV, D-VI, and not to mention SP-III/IV, which is personally one of the most sensitive applications I've experienced. I worked for two different shops that each self destructed their own low mileage Hyundai Accent transmission using their own Mult ATF, one from SOPUS, one from Ashland.

Who's tried it?

Me either. This was discussed a few months ago. The replies were quite similar. As much as I like their products it won't find its way into my Jeep calling for ATF+4. I'll stick with ATF+4 and a bottle of LG Red.

Hypothetically, you put this new juice in your under warranty Hyundai. The tranny dies. Hyundai says your unapproved fluid caused the fail, warranty denied. Lubeguard says the fluid is fine, it wasn't the cause. Then what? Did I mention how expensive lawyers are and technical expert testimony is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back