LUBEGARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used the ATF and the gear oil products. To say I noticed a difference would not be truthful. Transmissions were operating fine before hand. Perhaps smoother shifting but that could be wishful thinking to justify a product.

Do they work, honestly don't know, did they do any harm, no. Will I use in the future, probably in a transmission over 50,000 miles.

I used it in my Sentra when it was new. Really didn't notice a difference. I believe some rebuilders of auto trans use them bc they help reduce solenoid valve sticking. Apparently they are reputable products. They claim a higher temperature operating limit with reduced oxidation.

Personally as long as you change fluid on a timely schedule you will see no advantage with the stuff (Just an opinion though).

Not sure I will use the product again-although Spector makes a good point about 50K + miles.

I assume you saw this: LUBEGUARD

I use Lubegard products and will continue to do so.

The PS works a little easier and that old belt didn't squeal as much(too lazy to change belt).

I have used it in ATs and will continue to do so. It seems to keep the tranny cleaner and promote a smoother shift.

And, I started using the engine protectant. One vehicle has a noticeable smoother idle. The other two made no difference for now.

I will continue to add lubegard products to newly bought bottles of oil and atf in 1 ounce per quart increments.

A 10oz bottle of atfprotectant is cost effective since it is used with 10quarts of ATF during normal drain/refills and in the PS reservoir.

A 15oz bottle of engineprotectant lasts 3-4 oil changes.

Lubegard has replaced my favorites 'MMO and Rislone' for now.

I have used the Lubegard Red and their shudder stop ATF additive in a neglected BMW transmission that had problems with shudder when shifting. Shudder is gone.
grin.gif

A lot of transmission rebuilders use Lubeguard Black HFM friction Modifier to bring regular Dexron III to Chrysler ATF+ specs with great success and saving the extra cost the ATF+ would cost over the Dexron III.

I am also interested what Lubeguard Red does???

[ December 15, 2003, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Alex D ]

It's well known that LubeGard Red reduces or eliminates shudder in trannies, and is actually a factory recomended fix in at least 1 case.(Saab?)

I've noticed very slight changes when I added it to my Old Ciera's 3T40 and my Impala's 4L60E. I feel that the real benefit is in preventing slippage and shudder from occuring before you ever feel it, "SOTP." I've added it to my PSF and it had reduced steering effort and made steering a bit smoother.

I really appreciate all the response, My wife's Dakota has a 45RFE that uses Mopar+4 I will buy the black, and I carry Dexron anyway for my Ford 4x4 with C6 and that will give me The option to add or change either without buying Mopar+4. I refuse to buy anything from the local Dodge dealer, after the way they treated me in regards to a warranty problem.

I used some Lubegard products in the past. Lubegard is supposed to contain liquid wax esters, like in sperm whale oil. But the liquid wax esters come from plants and not sperm whales.

The power steering supplement stopped whinning in my power steering immediately. I tried the engine supplement and it seemed to make my engine run smoother. I have had manual transmissions for a long time and I have not used the transmission supplements.

I used to notice Lubegard transmission supplements in a lot of transmission shops. Lubegard, at least in the past, was approved by Volvo, Saab, and a French car manufacturer.

I use it and Like IT. It was recommended by a transmission builder. It reduces foaming and adds some of the properties that were present when a Sperm Whale Oil base was used.

On a 93 Pontiac, it eliminated some slipping and foaming for about a year until I decided to rebuild the tranny.

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
im weeary of using it in my transmission....id rather think if the oil needs an additive...then the oil should be better....

better or changed more frequently!

Problem with ATF is everybody wants it too last forever.
Problem with oil is that everybody wants to buy it for $4 a gallon.

i change mine every 15k...but now it slipps a little thanks to honda atf..so i may put in lubequard for 15k then change it out

The Lubeguard Auto Trans Protectant is highly regarded on the Turbo Diesel Register. Even a few of the high hp/tq trans builders swear by it.

The Power Steering supplement also stops the power steering pump groaning and moaning when it is cold out.

I am happy with their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back