Lubegard in 1999 Taurus AX4N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I had not changed any tranny fluid on my 1999 Taurus until last summer (62,000 miles) as it was getting dark and "burnt". I would have completed a flush at 30,000 miles had I known better. Anyway I did a drain and refill by removing the pan at 62,000 (big messy experience) and again at 68,000 miles using a LiquidVac that I bought (much easier!!!). I did not change the filter the first time because I was having some "technical difficulity" removing the O-ring from the filter...
mad.gif
I had the dealer do it at 69,000 during the state inspection. So I changed out most of the original fluid but the tranny still "short shifted" around 3rd and 4th gear. I had read some nice things about Lubegard as a cleaning agent, so I got some from AutoZone. I removed a little ATF and then added the Lubegard per the instructions.

It has been about 500 miles and tranny is not "short shifting" like it was. Could it have been caused by gum and varnish that the Lubegard was able to clean up? I am pleased so far
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back