Lubegard Bio-tech additive = more noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ArtDart
My quart bottles are like the one in the top photo, and I
purchased them from the manufacturer of Lubegard Bio/Tech, International Lubricants, Inc.

Thanks! I'm being paranoid I guess.

Update, it turned out I made a very noobish mistake. I always check oil on cold engine that seats overnight or so. Over the weekend, I checked several minutes after shutting the engine down.

I always thought there would be no difference (it wasn't in my previous cars). It turns out there is a difference in V6 RAV4.

When I rechecked the oil today AM, it was almost normal, maybe 100cc below the full line. I started the engine and shut it down, several minutes later it was 0.5qt low again.

That explains why dealerships "overfill" oil in RAV4.

Apparently hot engine method and not cold method is the correct one. Live and learn.

Update:
the engine did consume the 0.5qt after all. After topping with 0.5qt GC, it's full again cold or warm engine. I could not duplicate the cold/hot difference anymore. This was one weird experience, but at least I know for sure that neither CG nor biotech improved the engine sound.

Now, I remember that when I tried ZDDP boost in this car several years ago, the level went down 0.2qt rapidly in that OCI.

I guess this engine doesn't like any additives. It's almost like increased oil consumption after oil brand change.

petroleum companies go to great lengths to remove wax substances from their base stocks. You can find plenty of those in a group one.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Update:
the engine did consume the 0.5qt after all. After topping with 0.5qt GC, it's full again cold or warm engine. I could not duplicate the cold/hot difference anymore. This was one weird experience, but at least I know for sure that neither CG nor biotech improved the engine sound.

Now, I remember that when I tried ZDDP boost in this car several years ago, the level went down 0.2qt rapidly in that OCI.

I guess this engine doesn't like any additives. It's almost like increased oil consumption after oil brand change.

That essentially is what you did by changing the chemistry. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back