Lubegard 60902 and TF80-Series Aisin AWF6F45

Hello everyone,

My EAT6 is not shifting to my liking. My car is Peugeot 308 T9. It has Aisin torque converter automatic gearbox. From my research it is TF80-Series Aisin AWF6F45.

It has random harder shifts and sometimes lurches forward a bit, but sometimes it shifts perfectly with no hard shifts or lurching. I recently discovered this forum and all these additives.

I don't have much knowledge about ATF oils. On this forum I keep reading about friction modifiers but I have no idea about them.

I know I probably have a problem with valve body and solenoids, but replacing valve body is really expensive. Part alone is 1500 euros. I tried replacing oil twice so far, it did not change anything. This gearbox has AW-1 specification and I used Ravenol ATF T-WS lifetime.

What do you think, could I improve a situation a bit using Lubegard 60902? Also, is it safe to use with this gearbox because of friction modifiers or something else?

Hello everyone,

My EAT6 is not shifting to my liking. My car is Peugeot 308 T9. It has Aisin torque converter automatic gearbox. From my research it is TF80-Series Aisin AWF6F45.

It has random harder shifts and sometimes lurches forward a bit, but sometimes it shifts perfectly with no hard shifts or lurching. I recently discovered this forum and all these additives.

I don't have much knowledge about ATF oils. On this forum I keep reading about friction modifiers but I have no idea about them.

I know I probably have a problem with valve body and solenoids, but replacing valve body is really expensive. Part alone is 1500 euros. I tried replacing oil twice so far, it did not change anything. This gearbox has AW-1 specification and I used Ravenol ATF T-WS lifetime.

What do you think, could I improve a situation a bit using Lubegard 60902? Also, is it safe to use with this gearbox because of friction modifiers or something else?
It could also be that the ATF is not at the full mark and that you may need to add or drain some, but to ascertain that is no easy task as you may need a scanner with a thermometer as the level can only be accurately checked at a specific temperature range.

The proper check was done when I was changing the ATF. I consulted official document from Peugeot.

Lubegard Red can help with getting the valve body back to working order, unless there's something wrong with the solenoids themselves, then lubegard can't do anything on that.

Back