Lube locker gaskets

Are the lube locker gaskets worth the cost? I have Three different rear differentials that are due for service this summer and while I can abide the rtv mess it sure is a PITA. Do the gaskets hold up over multiple years or do they need frequent tightening?

I went with lubelocker for my Silverado rear-end two years ago and not a drop since. I haven't even thought about snugging up or rechecking the bolts since I did it.

Are the lube locker gaskets worth the cost? I have Three different rear differentials that are due for service this summer and while I can abide the rtv mess it sure is a PITA. Do the gaskets hold up over multiple years or do they need frequent tightening?
Good stuff that will hold up for many years.

Reactions: D60
Fel Pro makes gaskets for some that are identical if not the same minus the color. I got one locally for my Chevrolet. They have the ribs.

Buy quality and only cry once. I have a Lubelocker on my Grand Marquis... I will never go back to RTV... LL seals perfectly, no drips, no mess, and best of all no double torqueing, or interminable waiting for the RTV to cure and only then discovering you have a leak... with the LL you open the diff, clean it out, close it up, refill, and you are back on the road.

If you off-road and the diff goes under water (for the record I do not off-road with my Grand Marquis, and if its diff ever went under water, something must have gone terribly wrong), a Lubelocker will save you beaucoup time and aggravation... I wish I had switched sooner...

I used a Lube Locker gasket on the rear diff in my 2014 Mustang GT when I replaced the stock cover with a Ford aluminum one and it's been on there for almost nine years with no leaks.

Back