Lube Control or Auto-RX for cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lube Control Web site states: No Returns-All Sales are Final

Auto-Rx Web site states: Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back.

My knowledge on the oil based solvent Lube Control is very limited, but I have in-depth use of the Fuel Power in both gas and diesel engine fuel systems. An Auto-Rx clean, with an Auto-Rx maint dose at each oil change has produced excellent oil analysis for me using both dino oil and a semi-syn oil in 2 trucks.

[ October 28, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

59 Vetteman,

Satisfaction is guranteed, we will change the default form on the webpage. Odis does whatever it takes to make his customers happy and will continue to do so.

Thanks for the replies.
I have both of these products and don't know which one to use and stick with. I initially did the cleanup and then maintenance dose with the Auto-RX. On this last oil change I used the Lube Control. I want to use and stay with the product that will keep the engine the cleanest, especially now that I've gone back to using a conventional oil.

Wayne

Auto-Rx will keep your engine cleaner and make your oil perform better (synthetic or non synthetic and does not change your base oil chemistry) LC is an oil additive. Products do not do same thing.

Frank,

We do not classify LC as an additive as you don't AutoRX, but anything 'added' to your oil can be called that.

LC depolorizes the molecular structure to such and extent that it hs a greater effinity for metal. Also WTD, Frank and I are, of course, biased so you should really try both and draw your own conclusions.

I don't want to start a war here, but both products are added to the oil; each has its own unique chemistry and attacks the cleaning problem in two entirely different ways. One thing is for sure, neither product is an additive in the sense that you add or modify the existing additive package already in the oil as they both blend into the oil.

Auto-RX uses an ecological ester package as a solvent to slowly clean the internals of an engine.

LC uses a set of aromatic hydrocarbon solvents to clean a bit more aggressively and to reduce oil oxidation.

I have used both (excellent) products at different times and will continue to do so.

Look at this way, in a land with the freedoms we have, aren't we glad we have a choice of products and can express opnions?

Cheers,

Mola

[ October 29, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

There is one product that is being left out here, and that product is Schaeffer's Neutra. Bob has experience showing that Neutra will clean an engine also. For a person with limited funds, it might be the best product to use.

Personally myself, I like Auto-RX for cleaning an engine.

Molekule,

Typically aromatic or benzene ring aromatic solvents are quite powerful. Typically in modern industrial uses they can be purchased as napthlene depleted for health and safety. Are these aromatics safe for polymer and or nitrile rubber seals? Do these aromatic hydrocarbons change the viscocity or indexing of the host oil?

I've been following many of these posts for at least a year, so pardon my ignorance for asking this question as it may have been answered many times over.

If I maintain regular oil/ filter changes (using either dino or syn oil) is it really necessary to use an 'engine cleaning' product? I only ask because when I replaced a valve cover gasket on my now sold 1990 Dodge Spirit (Mitsu 3.0v6) last year with over 110,000 miles on it, the inside of the valve cover had zero signs of sludge or buildup of any kind. I just changed the oil every 3-4,000 miles using dino Castrol 5w/30. I can see where an engine cleaning product works on a neglected engine (previous Altima picture post) but for someone who does the routine maintenance as a DIY, would this product be a benefit?

I'd say yes as I bought an Outback with 62000 kms hi-way driving and all changes right on time (12,500kms), ran a fleet oil Delvac 1 and then Redline which both cleans well. I'm now onto 3rd bottle RX and oil is very dark after 2400kms. Did a 3 bottle job on my higher mileage Mazda turbo same deal. As I've postulated before, engines get a lot dirtier a lot faster than anybody previously realised.

Piston ring packs are an area that a good cleaner is needed, regardless of how clean you think your motor is. I find this to be the single most important benefit from using a top quality engine cleaner. Clean cylinder walls and clean rings will keep alot of problems away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back