LSPI Event - ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wemay
If it were a LSPI event, you wouldn't have driven off as the engine would have been to damaged. Cujet's post sounds like what I've read and heard of.

Not true, I researched, it LSPI event can be lived through with no damage, it is just Russian Roulette, your time will come at some very early point.

Originally Posted by josephp732
Regarding the event - it definitely threw a CEL, went in to limp mode, I then turned off the truck, restarted it and about 4 hours later when taken into the Ford dealer the tech told me no codes where found.

Can you go into "Engineering Test Mode" like can be done on most newer Fords and see if any DTCs are stored? Search YouTube for Ford Engineering Test Mode.

ZeeOsix - I just looked this up on YouTube and then went out to the truck. I put the dash cluster in to the "Engineering Test Mode" scrolled through the screens when I got to the DTC screen it was empty, no codes are stored there. Thanks for the info - I never knew you could do this.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mainia
Originally Posted by wemay
If it were a LSPI event, you wouldn't have driven off as the engine would have been to damaged. Cujet's post sounds like what I've read and heard of.

Not true, I researched, it LSPI event can be lived through with no damage, it is just Russian Roulette, your time will come at some very early point.

Hi Mainia
If LSPI was the cause of power loss as described, it would have been a catastrophic failure and the OP wouldn't have been able to restart and drive off. That was my contention. Apologies if i wasn't clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back