LSPI and TGDI LUBEGARD OIL ADDITIVE

So I was walking around in the parts store here in El Dorado and I tripped upon a new product. Bottle appears to be white with a lime green Kermit the Frog look to it. I had forgot my phone when I was in the store so I went ahead and looked it up and this is the only information I have about it but I thought I would share it and see what all the experts think and say.

Some of the instructions bring to light that molybdenum is what helps suppress these issues but as I recall there is much discussion about that when I visited with Dave at Redline oil. So apparently it might be possible just to throw in a qt of oil with a generous ester and moly ppm from Redline or @High Performance Lubricants .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230203_152319_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230203_152319_Chrome.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20230203_152328_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230203_152328_Chrome.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_20230203_152359_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230203_152359_Chrome.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20230203_152410_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230203_152410_Chrome.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20230203_152427_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230203_152427_Chrome.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 125
They also make a 2 cycle oil that has caught my eye. Yet I cannot find an SDS on it, has anyone used this 2 cycle oil? They, meaning LubeGuard, also makes another oil additive that has been known 2 b otay.

Know how Lubegard BioTech (Blue) is blue colored?
The Green packaging would suggest the stuff is green... but it's not... it's the color of used oil.

View attachment 143797
Cool; I’m willing to bet that even with whatever additives LG uses (likely huge dose of di/tri moly & (ZDD)P along with something to boost TBN), this is still just a crutch.

No personal attack here, but at $21.99 for an additive that claims 45% longer OCI, just go buy another 5qt jug of oil for $19-25 (QSFS up to the other brands) and extend your OCI by 100%, with brand new oil and filter!

LG Red is by far their best product, even if it’s not the one with the best marketing…

Cool; I’m willing to bet that even with whatever additives LG uses (likely huge dose of di/tri moly & (ZDD)P along with something to boost TBN), this is still just a crutch.

No personal attack here, but at $21.99 for an additive that claims 45% longer OCI, just go buy another 5qt jug of oil for $19-25 (QSFS up to the other brands) and extend your OCI by 100%, with brand new oil and filter!

LG Red is by far their best product, even if it’s not the one with the best marketing…
Running it in my Passat's transmission.

Why bother getting more information? it's like C&P filter threads... why bother?

Maybe eventually, I'll cough up the $400 and pay Ascent to test a toyota filter at 20 microns, since that efficiency number has always been speculation.
No cost is associated with the C&P of used oil filters - the test that you are proposing seems to have limited (or no) ROI?

No cost is associated with the C&P of used oil filters - the test that you are proposing seems to have limited (or no) ROI?
He's talking about sending a new unused filter to Ascent to have them run their tests on it....efficiency, flow/delta P, etc.

And what does a virgin oil filter C&P tell you? Almost nothing, maybe louver openings for center supports that use stamped louvers. That led to the OCOD reputation of Fram ExtraGuards and Toughguards. Paper end caps = bad? Why is it bad? Because it's not metal. Even BITOG fell for this for a number of years.

On a used oil filter, the only information you gather is when you have a catastrophic failure of the filter, like when Tear-o-laters happened.

Real data costs money.

It's like UOA's. People claim they can tell the condition of used oil by looks and smell, which are meaningless information. Unless you have all the equipment at home to do the UOA per standards, it costs money to pay someone to get you more meaningful data.

Back