LS7 UOA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he means the new LS7 in the Z06 corvette. 427ci, 505 certified hp, expected to run low low low 11s and possibly break into the 10s bone stock with a set of slicks.

The one that was the pace car for the Daytona 500? I have a friend with the 454 version. 12.5 to 1 compression, big solid cam, rectangular port heads, and an all forged steel bottom end topped off with a Holley 850 double-pumper. What an engine.

if a brand new C6 Z06 was the pace car then that is the one im talking about. and i assume the op is talking about.

the old LS7's were a pretty nasty engine.

Yeah, Jay Leno was driving a ZO6 505 hp Vette as the pace car. That means that the pace car had more horsepower than the actual racecars. I've heard that they are only around 480 hp with the restrictor plate.

Since the LS7 is a close relative of the LS1, I would expect that it too would prefer a slightly thicker oil such as one in the 12 to 14 cst range. Especially if the owner likes to road race it a lot (where he would see 250F oil temps, even with the oil cooler)

ill own one someday too, but the Z06 will be in the other lane and ill cross the finish line a full sec ahead of it.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back