LS2 helmet quality ?

Hey all,
Just inquiring to see if their are any LS2 helmet users in the house? I ask because I'm heavily considering purchasing a LS2 Valiant II modular helmet. Never owning one, or knowing anyone who has one, I wonder about their material and finish quality. I'm really liking the options of this helmet for traveling. Another option is the Euro only Scorpion EXO-Tech. I can actually get that one a bit cheaper, but warranty issues/parts/etc will be a big hassle stateside. The local Cycle Gear store doesn't have any LS2 helmet in stock for me to check out. Anyone ?
ls2_valiant_ii_revo_helmet_rollover.jpg

I have an LS2 Strobe modular (THIS ONE). Bought it in 2017 and has been my daily helmet.
It is a good helmet and have read good things about LS2 overall.
My biggest gripe about it is poor airflow. It is very hot in the summer, but in the winter it is fine.
Second gripe is it is noisy, but most modulars are.
I have a mirrored shield on it (with Pinlock) and it works very well.
If you use a bluetooth com device, the placement may have to be altered, LS2 puts the control for the internal visor where the com device would normally be installed.
I really like the quick release chin strap, it has spoiled me for d-ring straps.

The Strobe is DOT and ECE certified (there are no modular helmets out that pass SNELL)
It appears the Valiant II is also DOT and ECE certified.

From what I have been able to gather, LS2 is a mid tier helmet maker, with offerings from low end to high end, quality and protection are decent, good price, but maybe not all the bells and whistles of other makers.
I personally feel they are a step above HJC, and just below Bell, but have nothing to really back that up with.

I also have a LS2 open face helmet that my wife and daughter wear when riding with me.
It is a very basic helmet, but is DOT and ECE certified as well.

Last edited:
Wife has an LS2 open face helmet, no issues for the last at least 3 years she has owned it.
No debates from me here but DOT is DOT, (much like the API rating of oil) and we always choose the lightest possible helmet.
I use a Daytona open face for the same reasons.

Had LS2 Vector. Fine comfort and fit, good features for the price, but noisy like bluepup said. Went Shoei and am much happier.

What approvals does the helmet have?
Looks like plenty of room using a sticky mount for my Sena 5S. It is a small comm.

The Valiant II is DOT certified in 3/4 and ECE in both open/full face modes.

SHELL​

Meets or exceeds DOT FMVSS 218 and ECE 22.05.
1700g,+/-50g.
Sizes XS-3XL.
Made from Kinetic Polymer Alloy (KPA). 2 shells.
ECE "P" and "J" certified as both an open and full face helmet.
Intermediate Oval.

Last edited:
It’s a good looking helmet. To throw another option into the fray, since you mentioned Scorpion in your first post, I have the Scorpion ST 1400 carbon and it’s a phenomenal helmet. It’s 13 ounces lighter than the LS2 being considered, great ventilation, however it’s not a modular. The ST-1400 is a bit lighter than the Shoei Qwest I had previously. I still have the Qwest and when switching back-and-forth it’s no contest as to the comfort of the lighter helmet. JAT unless a modular is all you would consider.

Anyhow, best of success with finding your new helmet!

I very nearly got an LS2 Valiant about 3 years ago, but was a bit out of my budget and suddenly need a helmet right now, so got the LS2 FF397 Vector. I tried on all the brands in a couple of shops, and kept coming back to LS2 for being the best fit for my head, and best quality for the price.

Of course any new helmet is going to have better features than your old one because everything improves with time, just like your car or bike. So while I miss the plush fabric interior of my old KBC, the liner of the LS2 is removable, washable, and gives superior air flow. I miss the D rings, but the quick release buckle is great....although the strap catches on the collar of one of my jackets which is annoying. Love the sunshield and chin curtain - my only negative would be the visor...it's open or closed, my KBC had settings all the way open and closed, and it locks down tight, and is hard to get open. I always used to open my visor coming to a stop, now I just leave it shut.

Oh, someone said the Vector was noisy, I thought so too, but the reviews said it was fairly quiet. Then I took off my screen and it became quiet.

I do own a Scorpion EXO-ATO950 ADV modular helmet, Scorpion Covert and a HJC IS-33ii helmets. The flip back style, to me, would make the ultimate helmet when I go on my motorcycle trips. I'm looking at all vendors ( Cycle Gear, Revzilla, Amazon Prime, etc). I contacted LS2 USA and they have been quite helpful. The vendors thru Amazon Prime are all authorized LS2 dealers. One of the vendors, Black Hills Moto, is the largest selling LS2 dealer in the country. Add to the fact the easy return process and I have $125 in gift cards, I think I'll go thru Amazon. Leaning towards the red, white and blue Revo as I become a bit more visibility conscious the older I get :) Thanks for the input !!

LS2 helmet, I am on my second one so I like them. The they are a 3 year helmet for me, due to interior wear, that is about 40K miles.
Search https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/ for this helmet, this is a good test site. They test how well the chin bar stays closed.

So far I have not crash tested one, and plan to avoid that.

Rod

Back