LS1 Piston and Bore after 78,000 on M1

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
The lack of piston ring groove on top of the bore shows probable combination of hi-nickel content of the sleeve " ie old Oldmobile 455's"

confused.gif
The big block Olds 400/425/455 didn't have cylinder sleeves. These were iron blocks. Are you referring to the nickel content of the block?

Have to love nickle!!! It is great stuff wher their is high heat and abrasion!! You can add quite a bit of nickle and still have a wounderfuly tough product. Throw in some graphite, moly and cromium to you have a fine material! Chrysler and Toyota were always known for haveing very tough block materials!

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
The lack of piston ring groove on top of the bore shows probable combination of hi-nickel content of the sleeve " ie old Oldmobile 455's"

confused.gif
The big block Olds 400/425/455 didn't have cylinder sleeves. These were iron blocks. Are you referring to the nickel content of the block?

Yes, the nickel content of the alloys used in both the Olds engine and the sleeves used in the aluminum block of the topic Chevy.

Molakule ,

Was not referring to wrist pin location in the piston as a possible reason for some of the noise . I might further explain later .

[ February 22, 2004, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Hey ferb you gonna buy an Aussie car (GTO)? Selling like hot cakes I believe if report on TV a week or so back from California was correct.

Gonna definately try to get first in line for the 2005 GTO. Gotta finish paying off my Grand Prix GTP first, but i really want the V8. Plus the addition of the T56 6-speed would really help my state of mind.
grin.gif

And as far as sales, there are a few dealerships around here that have 'em, but they're mainly Black with the A4 tranny. No automatic for me any more. Plus i love the look of the Impulse Blue.

ferb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back