Low SAPS oils used in 7-8 year old cars??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a 5 Litre jug of Total Quartz INEO MC3 5W30 the specs are nice ACEA C3, A3/B3, VW 502.00/505.00/505.01 MB- 229.31/229.51 BMW LL -04 SM/CF. Since new GF-4 already have low levels of phosphorus/sulphur will this not be too thin in that department. I wanted to used it in my 2002 Acura CL -S or in my brothers 2004 Volvo S40. Is this oil usable in regulard cars or is it only for those with advanced particulate filters in exhaust??
Anyone used it in regular car? Something non Green Peace approved??

Yes i've used it in about all my cars since i got rid of my Audi TT which required 503.01 which was replaced by 504/507... so i got a stockpile of the stuff.. it meets sm specs which are retro-active will work fine in all cars.. it uses different additive package i forget how but it's fine.. and prolly better than the run of the mill-brand oils found since 504/507 are really hard specs to meet.. it meets bentley and several other pretty good oil specs.. 229.51 is a good oil spec too..

Thanks, I was just a bit worried that it may not have the add pack to protect my valve train but since it passes stringent VW tests it has to be OK oh and it is A3 rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back