Low Profile...

Pulled over for a puppy bio break and saw this.....

Was at a dealer near the park and I was almost tempted to ask for a test ride just to feel the ride and "handling"

The vehicle sits about 4" or so higher than stock and the wheels are proud of the arches to the point where any significant suspension articulation would have to rub, the sidewalls are ~1.5" or less.

Why?? Fashion I guess, different strokes. But still, why?
IMG_5621[15409].jpg

The worst I have seen is a small silver pickup but with red spoked big rims, they were styled like they came off a old wooden wagon

That's just plain embarrassing!! Every time I see ghettomobiles with those I always point and laugh!!

A Darker individual had those on a 70 sky blue Impala with loud country music playing.

Somewhat unexpected combination

I try not to get offended by or judge people by their automotive choices.

Half of y'all wouldn't own this Mercedes because "they're ticking time bombs" but you act like this guy has committed some mortal sin.

Enjoy your old Buicks and leave people alone.
Me neither, I appreciate most facets of our hobby (I really get a kick out of lowriders, from our CA time I guess), but this seems a bit over the top from a technical perspective; not sure I'd want to have to avoid something at speed in this. You are correct, to each their own.

Me neither, I appreciate most facets of our hobby (I really get a kick out of lowriders, from our CA time I guess), but this seems a bit over the top from a technical perspective; not sure I'd want to have to avoid something at speed in this. You are correct, to each their own.
I love lowriders, especially show cars.

You'll find the best paint, plating, and engraving in the world on show circuit lowriders.

Not my taste In those wheels, but you have to hand it to the American automotive aftermarket to stretch the imagination and make things happen In all shapes in forms. There's a show on Viceland called Donkmaster and those guys are racing those old 70s impalas with those gynormous rims and low profile tires.

Not my taste In those wheels, but you have to hand it to the American automotive aftermarket to stretch the imagination and make things happen In all shapes in forms. There's a show on Viceland called Donkmaster and those guys are racing those old 70s impalas with those gynormous rims and low profile tires.

Drag racing I take? Not around a circuit?

Pulled over for a puppy bio break and saw this.....

Was at a dealer near the park and I was almost tempted to ask for a test ride just to feel the ride and "handling"

The vehicle sits about 4" or so higher than stock and the wheels are proud of the arches to the point where any significant suspension articulation would have to rub, the sidewalls are ~1.5" or less.

Why?? Fashion I guess, different strokes. But still, why?View attachment 35302
With those low profile tires you will feel a toothpick, get a very quick steering response and get a lousy ride.

Back