Low Profile...

Forget about personal taste. With that wheel/tire combo it's not road worthy. It's not fully functional. And it's unsafe.

Scott

While I agree that rotational mass would be significantly more, contact patch should still be good, so in terms of impact on safety it's probably pretty minimal compared to other trends like:

-Stance - where the contact patch is reduced to something comparable to a shopping cart
-Carolina squat - where you are staring at the sky and could likely run over a small car or pedestrian without ever seeing them

In case you aren't familiar with the former, it's this trend:
1606665806690.png

When I was in S Korea my apartment overlooked a huge parking lot where guys took a long/quick run and spun and the show started. These were purposely modified “in the weeds” compact cars …
Fun to watch - but glad they bought the cars/tires …

I love lowriders, especially show cars.

You'll find the best paint, plating, and engraving in the world on show circuit lowriders.
Yeah … got tired of talking head shows and have been watching Kindig and gang … Amazing builds

I try not to get offended by or judge people by their automotive choices.

Half of y'all wouldn't own this Mercedes because "they're ticking time bombs" but you act like this guy has committed some mortal sin.

Enjoy your old Buicks and leave people alone.
No no, Scotty calls them "endless money pits" :ROFLMAO:

Just a bit overdramatic, don't you think?
I don't think so. 1) The tires are too large in diameter for the wheel well openings. Even a minor bump will cause tire/fender contact.
2) There is so little sidewall even a minor pavement seam could rupture the sidewall or break the edge of the rim. 3) I doubt the steering can be turned to anything remotely close to full lock. 4) The vehicle is so far lifted the suspension is rendered useless.

IMO, this car was never intended to be driven. It was a show piece somewhere.

Scott

Well, look on the bright side. At least the hubcaps don't continue to spin once the vehicle is stopped! :ROFLMAO:

Funny you mentioned "brightside". That picture did not in any way capture how blinding that car really was in the bright Houston sun. It hurt your eyes to look at it.

Front tire inflation has clearly been reduced. Cops look for that to figure out who was just at the latest takeover-- ie sideshow, so they can harass.

Back