Low permeability oil tube-what is it?

Just purchased a portable generator Item# 99932 from Northern Tool yesterday, delivery should be a couple weeks. Getting ahead on future services I downloaded the manual and came across a recommendation to service or replace every two years something called a Low permeability oil tube. Can someone tell me what this item is, what it does etc... stumped on this one guys.

page 40...

https://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/99932.pdf

Never heard of this.

I opine two possibilities.

One, and IMO most likely, is a language and translation error. Happens frequently especially with Chinese products. I'm guessing this is not an American made product so mostly likely the owners manual has been translated to English and the wording is awkward.

Two, possibly the oil fill tube or the oil drain tube is recommended to be replaced. Perhaps the plastic is prone or cracking or gets an excessive amount of heat by where it's positioned. Some engines have a rubber oil extension to make draining oil easier.

Last edited:
This may be the vent tube between the valve cover and the carb. Some are prone to crack. Required for emissions. In a clean environment not needed.

Rod

Yeah, probably the crank case vent tube to airbox. (pcv), never thought of that, sounds reasonable. The warranty is two years for consumer so printing in the manual to change it after the warranty is over vs. making a quality part is much cheaper I suppose.

its says for applicable types, and should be serviced by service center so I'm sure it requires some disassembly if it even has it.

Back