Love my cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like many of the major oil filter manufactures can't decided on where to have their filters made this month . I have a cartridge type on my CX7 and I just look at the element before I install it to make certain all is good. I also can check for "stuff" when I remove it. Yes; it takes me an extra 10 minutes to install but, well worth it in my opinion.

I have a cartridge oil filter on my toyota sienna.

I hate it with a passion.

I'm glad you like yours but I hate mine.

Topside cartridges like the euro manufacturers use are great - clean, easy, fast, less hassle and less climbing and twisting wrists.

Underside cartridges dont drain right, are just as tough to remove as a regular filter, and seem to be a general hassle.

Yep, I couldn't wait to get my cartridge filter converted to a spin-on filter on my Mazda3.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I have a cartridge type on my CX7 and I just look at the element before I install it to make certain all is good. I also can check for "stuff" when I remove it. Yes; it takes me an extra 10 minutes to install but, well worth it in my opinion.

I've got a 1950 International R-120 pickup with a cartridge. I'm as happy about mine as you are yours. Glad to see my pickup is so high tech.

+1 Kruse: In addition; we don't need to cut open the used spin-on, to find out if we got a good one or the pleats were messed up or the by-pass valve was leaking. A high tech solution and it helps the green environment.

+1 Kruse: In addition; we don't need to cut open the used spin-on, to find out if we got a good one or the pleats were messed up or the by-pass valve was leaking. A high tech solution and it helps the green environment.

I believe mine is a Fram add-on.
Yep, it's nice to see how well the filter is built before you use it.
I was kidding about my International being high tech. But it's nice to be able to work on it without using a computer.

The environment looks pretty green here in VA and I'm using a spin-on for both my cars
LOL.gif

If you keep using spin on filters obamy will see to it VA will soon look like Detroit and blame it on your oil filters.

My brother in law has a vw toureg and it has a cartrige and I personaly hate it. It makes a huge mess and takes a huge expensive ratchet to get it off. I can see the benefit in being able to see it but my god its anoying to change.

Another huge fan of the cartridge filters. So much easier to know what you are getting and easier changes. The ecotecs are probably my favorite out of all that I have seen so far.

I loved when I had a top load cartridge. Seriously, it cant be that hard for car makers to put filters in a convenient place... why has honda put them in the middle of nowhere forever? And my corollas 4afe sucks too.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Another huge fan of the cartridge filters. So much easier to know what you are getting and easier changes. The ecotecs are probably my favorite out of all that I have seen so far.

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back