Louisiana people

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEA

Anyone have luck finding 5w-40 in ANY brand? I've been all over south La (sales) and can't find 5w-40 anywhere?

TIA

Mobil 1 Truck and SUV 5w40 at the WalMart on College Drive in Baton Rouge. 5w40 at AutoZone on College Drive and Perkins Road, just further south of the WalMart. I think its Castrol.

Email me or PM me, I usually go to Walmart once a week so I can check before you drive out here.

quote:

Originally posted by AEA:
Anyone have luck finding 5w-40 in ANY brand? I've been all over south La (sales) and can't find 5w-40 anywhere?

TIA

Try your local AutoZone stores. They should now have Castrol Syntec 5w40. They just started selling it within the last few months.

If you have a Napa Auto parts near you, they should have Valvoline synpower 5w40.

Most Wal-Marts sell Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5w40....some in 5 qt. jugs, some in single qt's. only. Wal-Mart also sells Shell Rotella T synthetic 5w40, usually in (1) gallon jugs.

And I know you didn't ask about this one, but AutoZone & Advance Auto Parts sell Mobil 1 0w40.

Good luck! Report back on your findings.

I'll try to move due north. I've been to EVERY AZ/PB/NAPA and Walmart in Houma/Hammond/LaPlace/Metairie/Kenner and New Orleans. None have even a sticker for where M1 T&SUV 5w-40 could be.

Thanks for the info

I think your climate would allow the use of 15W-40 diesel oil. We use it here in Richmond throughout the year for fleet use and it does just fine. Personally I just use it during the warm months of the year when the low temp is above freezing and use 10W-30 in the winter.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by AEA:
I'll try to move due north. I've been to EVERY AZ/PB/NAPA and Walmart in Houma/Hammond/LaPlace/Metairie/Kenner and New Orleans. None have even a sticker for where M1 T&SUV 5w-40 could be.

Thanks for the info

They have it here in Baton Rouge. Not too far from where you are.

I've seen a number of Wal-Marts where the Mobil Truck & SUV is kinda off by itself...sometimes even on a very bottom shelf.

Almost like they don't want to sell it!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back