Lots of Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'AL'

AL: Thank you for contacting Castrol. How may we assist you today?

David: Can you tell me what Group Castrol Edge is? Is it a III or IV or mix?

AL: Please hold for one moment while I look into that for you.

David: ok

AL: Thank you for your patience...

AL: Castrol Edge is made from a proprietary combination of base oils, which includes PAO.

AL: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?

David: understood. So is the base oil a II or III?

AL: Unfortunately the information you are requesting is considered proprietary.

David: Ok.

AL: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?

David: Yes.

David: Does Syntec have more PAO than Edge. I want the best protection.

AL: Please hold for one moment while I look into that for you.

AL: Edge is a completely different formula from SYNTEC that contains a different mix of base oils and additives. Edge meets the GM4718M specification and offers guaranteed protections for up to 15,000 miles, or one year, whichever comes first.* Finally, Edge provides unsurpassed engine wear protection that no leading synthetic oil, not even Mobil 1, can beat. This has been proven in industry tests conducted at an independent testing facility.** *Guarantee excludes severe service applications such as frequent towing and hauling, racing dirty conditions and extreme idling. If your vehicle is covered by a warranty, follow your car manufacturer's recommended oil change/service intervals, which can be found in your owner's manual.

David: ok. thanks

That guy was a master at CUT AND PASTE. LOL

"AL: Edge is a completely different formula from SYNTEC that contains a different mix of base oils and additives."

Well, at least this part is very welcome news. IMO Syntec is the ugly step-cousin of GC and Edge (and apparently, and thankfully, unrelated).

Originally Posted By: lovcom
You forgot to ask Al what he's wearing...

Al: Unfortunately the information you are requesting is considered proprietary

Hey, you guys can ask him whatever you want. He's waiting for your questions right now. LOL Have at it.

Tell them proctologists claim it's proprietary, after bending you over. Does that mean they might be using Syntec on the anal cavity?

Jason: So how many quarts of Edge have you sold? Can you count them on more than two hands?

Al: Edge is a highly premium product that competes with none other on the market. Historically, the public acceptance of a clearly superior product does take time. Take, for example, the Tornado, the Split Fire spark plug, and curb feelers. Those items clearly have not yet reached their sales potential, though we feel their time is coming, and soon.

Jason: Why is Edge more expensive than Mobil 1?

Al: The extra dollar you pay for Edge is paid to the country of Ireland as mitigation and retribution for the fake Irish accent in our TV commercial.

Jason: What's with the "thinking with your dipstick" line anyway?

Al: While we consider that information proprietary, I can tell you, unofficially, that I was in that marketing meeting; that slogan was chosen over "thinking with your half shaft" and "thinking with your connecting rod". To this day, I'm not sure why, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with P.C. That means PAO-containing, you know.

Originally Posted By: D189379
Here's another closely guarded industry secret:

It doesn't matter what oil you use!!

LOL. True enough.

And edge will be on discount at walmart in 6 to 9 months because nobody wants it.

That might be true but I bet you that as soon as it goes on special there will be a run on it to be added to our stashes.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. +1

There is a lot of truth in that.

Originally Posted By: Jason Adcock
Jason: So how many quarts of Edge have you sold? Can you count them on more than two hands?

Al: Edge is a highly premium product that competes with none other on the market. Historically, the public acceptance of a clearly superior product does take time. Take, for example, the Tornado, the Split Fire spark plug, and curb feelers. Those items clearly have not yet reached their sales potential, though we feel their time is coming, and soon.

Jason: Why is Edge more expensive than Mobil 1?

Al: The extra dollar you pay for Edge is paid to the country of Ireland as mitigation and retribution for the fake Irish accent in our TV commercial.

Jason: What's with the "thinking with your dipstick" line anyway?

Al: While we consider that information proprietary, I can tell you, unofficially, that I was in that marketing meeting; that slogan was chosen over "thinking with your half shaft" and "thinking with your connecting rod". To this day, I'm not sure why, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with P.C. That means PAO-containing, you know.
LMAO

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
If you make it free, after rebate, they will come.

I'll come
grin2.gif

I don't see Edge being that out of line price wise. Every AA in the Saint Louis area has it for less than 7.00 a quart. Comparable to every other syn on the shelf. 4 quarts would get you to the magic 25.00 where you could use the 10 off coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back