Lost My Dad Today

Suddenly

Driving down to the big smoke where my partner and daughter have been most of the week for a multi school three day series of performances...an hour or so of no phone coverage, and when it returned, missed call all over

Brother rang to say Dad was on life support, with only hours expected

He texted my daughter good luck at 9AM and was gone just past 6PM

I dont really have the words man,I really dont.I lost my dad last summer(2012) and still am coping with this daily,it's tough.Be close to your family and friends it helps the hurt.Remember the good times and always remember,the memories are forever.

I'm sorry for your loss. Honestly I don't know if it's better to go fast or slow.

I lost my dad in December of 2012 to lung cancer. He suffered for 6 months. I lost my mom in July of 2013 from pancreatic cancer. Both of them suffered a lot and it was very stressful watching them die a slow, painful death.

I think of my parents every day. I feel for you and wish you the best.

My heart goes out to you...

If your Father texted "Good Luck" to your Daughter's school performance that is very sweet of him.

I think there is a way to flag a text message to lock it so it can't be deleted.

Something like that I'd like to keep, I'd look at it daily...

Oh, we are so sorry. In this situation there are no words, just to know that our thoughts are with you. Your Dad has not gone because he lives on in your heart and in your memories.
WW

Last edited:
Very sorry for your loss Shannow. I am sure your Dad loved you. I hope you can feel our love and support at this time of transition in your lives.

Wow, that's quite a shocker. The body is gone, but the spirit remains. You'll feel it over time. My own parents are both gone for some time now, and yet I still feel their presence. I'm not a "spiritual" guy, but in this I both know and believe.

Take care, peace be with you and your family,
Rick

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my dad january 17th 2007, stage 3 entering 4 lung cancer. we watched as he took his last breaths at the hospitol on life support. to this date i miss him, along withmy mother. He,a nd yours, i am sure are in a better and good place compared to earth, especially these days.
Ive learned, the best thing in life, is to spend as much time going anywhere with your parnets, doing anything, becuase ultimately in the end, we all wont be here anymore. its so important to make good n best frineds in life, and that includes family.

I'm sorry Shannow. Is sounds like he was very involved in your lives. Think about , and remember all the good days, those are the important ones, not the day he died. God bless your family.

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a parent is difficult in so many ways. My sincere condolences.

Last edited:
Back