Loss of Log In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left BIOG on screen for about two hours and upon returning found that I was not logged in. First two passwords sent by BIOG failed to let me back in. Third pw finally worked. Have others experienced this loss of log in and failure of their pw to let them back in? I have tried to email the site but never get an answer. What, if anything, am I doing wrong and why doesn't a moderator return emails? BIOG does have moderators, right?

This site has been doing this and other login malfunctions for the last 6mo or so. I assumed they would eventually fix the problem, operative word being eventually.

Smoky

Site log you off if there is no activity from your end(working as intended i expect)password recovery usually work,but it might hickup if 1 post and 2 try to do something.usually wait 1 minute and try again

Like the site very much and the individuals who post. I can't understand why the moderator doesn't fix the log-in problem. The site emails me a password to get back in but the first two or three don't do squat. Eventually one will work. PITHA for such an interesting site. Hope I don't get banned again like a few months ago when I moved and we went with T/W.Trying to change email address was a real hassle and finally I was banned. Hope someone who can fix the site reads this and gets up enough inertia to make needed changes. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE LOG-IN software.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Like the site very much and the individuals who post. I can't understand why the moderator doesn't fix the log-in problem. The site emails me a password to get back in but the first two or three don't do squat. Eventually one will work. PITHA for such an interesting site. Hope I don't get banned again like a few months ago when I moved and we went with T/W.Trying to change email address was a real hassle and finally I was banned. Hope someone who can fix the site reads this and gets up enough inertia to make needed changes. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE LOG-IN software.

If you had created this thread in the correct forum (General Board Information), you might have seen a response. Not trying to sound like a jerk about this, but you have to put the comment in the comment box in order for them to read it. :)

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje

with all due respect, but you do understand that moderator/administrator is a voluntary job on this site?
as in not a paid job?
so they do what they can...

IDK
Sometimes my saved log-in goes away and I can log back in using my screen name and password.
Mods here have been very good about returning PMs, but we've typically had chats related to real issues, not just login problems.

Having just posted this, I found myself locked out of a response in another thread after my login was lost.
Who knows?
I do know that logging in from the forums page usualy works and that I can usually log on without issue.

Personally I am looking forward to the mobile UBB theme that this site will probably implement in 2020.

Originally Posted By: Rand
It logs me out 1-2x a day

Me too, across multiple devices, different browsers, os, etc.

We are looking into probable causes of this problem. The best solution, until we find the cause, is to use a program like CCleaner (free version) to clear your browser cache.

Thanks,

Wayne

So Ive noticed that my windows machine, which for the last few months could not keep my login information (check the box and it would not work at all, leave the box unchecked and it would work until IE was quit), has started to maintain my login info again. I made no changes, so it must be the SW.

All the other devices (windows, iOS, OSX) hold the login and randomly lose it still. But it seems to be getting better...

This is/has been an ongoing problem and even now happens now that I have had a complete new system put into my laptop.

Obviously no one here has the ability or time to correct the problem.

This site is the only one of a few hundred sites I visit on a monthly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back