loss in power after oil change (mobil 1 and bosch filter)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i changed my oil last week. this time i upgraded to mobil 1 drive clean 10w-30 and a bosch filter. i noticed a differnce in driving in that my engine is alot smoother. i drove the car today and it shifted very smooth and it was accelerating alot faster. yet i feel that there is a loss in power somewhere. if i step on teh gas of course ill take off but not like before. before i had power...now its just torque. its hard to explain. maybe before i just had a less powerfull engine and it had to work really hard to get up to a high speed, vs now its not working as hard and pulling better and harder. you guys kinda get where i am going?

o and i also noticed that in the mornings my car is a little harder to start up than before. before when i had castrol gtx 10w-40 with a fram filter it started up kinda quick about 1-2 sec but now wiht the bosch it takes a while (seconds wise) i say 2 to 3 seconds.

what can be causing this?? is it just me?? is my car just better now than it was before and i am not used to it?

thanks!

Mobil 1 is not Mobil Drive Clean.

Mobil 1 is synthetic oil.

Mobil Drive Clean is an excellent petroleum oil.

Yes, it's just you.

Ken

Really hard to say. Are you sure something (hose, electrical connection, etc) did not get bumped during the oil change?

I doubt the oil change to any brand really results in "seat o' pantz" feel either way.....(assuming it's within recommend vis. range)

Drifter, the others seem right. I can't imagine whatever you think is different about your car has anything to do with the oil change.
At most, an oil choice can increase or decrease your power 1-3% and since you went thinner AND synthetic, your power should have gone up slightly, not down.

When removing your oil filter, did you knock a vacuum hose off?
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
Drifter, the others seem right. I can't imagine whatever you think is different about your car has anything to do with the oil change.
At most, an oil choice can increase or decrease your power 1-3% and since you went thinner AND synthetic, your power should have gone up slightly, not down.

confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

nope..there is no vacumn hoses by the oil filter..its all under the car on the engine block...

it may be just me...i have no proff that it did gain or loose power at all..but i like the oil "mobile drive clean" it runs really smooth..probably due to the thinner oil as u said...thanks for ur responses...

ne reason as to why my car takes longer to start?? the voltage of the battery is the same..i check it every week.

drifter,
I don't know how many miles you have on the car or it's oil history but don't be alarmed if the Drive Clean seems to turn dark early at say 1500 mile just for an example compared to how it looked when pouring it out of the bottle. It will just be doing a good job of cleaning and suspending what it has cleaned off the parts is all.

It would not hurt to run a good fuel additive for a tank of driving. You starting problem is not oil related.

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:

confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

nope..there is no vacumn hoses by the oil filter..its all under the car on the engine block...

it may be just me...i have no proff that it did gain or loose power at all..but i like the oil "mobile drive clean" it runs really smooth..probably due to the thinner oil as u said...thanks for ur responses...

ne reason as to why my car takes longer to start?? the voltage of the battery is the same..i check it every week.

Drifter, have you had the amperage checked on your battery lately? Your battery still may read 12 Volts on a multimeter, but the amps could be real low, which is what really fires the starter. How old is the battery in your Honda? I recently had to replace the battery in my Integra, mine was doing the same thing that yours is, then it just died. Get the battery checked and/or changed before you get stranded
shocked.gif
-Joe

[ November 05, 2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

o well my battery is about less than a year old. but stupid sears gave me the wrong size..its a little bit smaller in width..it started fine till i did my oil. when i use the multimeter when the car is off it reads somewhere around 12 but when i start the car it goes up to 13.5 and up but never gets to 14.

actaully it is kinda low hu...i got a long warrenty on it too...maybe thats it...humm..ill check that out..thanks for pointing that out..

hehe its probably my amp thats drainning the power i play it really hard and loud enough to see lights dim...and i dont drive it on the freeway as much..just back and forth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back