Lose WIFI connection when phone answered

i have 2 hard wired phones that are battery operated cordless that when the phone is answered during a call it cuts out my WIFI connection to any wireless connected device phone/computer. i researched and think its because of the systems are on the same operating channel, anyone know how to fix tis so that it doesnt cut out my computer/phone wifi when i take a seperate phone call on my regular phone, its a pain in the butt.

Are these VOIP phones connected to the internet? Is there a dip switch in the battery compartment that you can change to a different channel?

Doesn't sound like 'channel', more like phone has absolute priority, maybe a router setting? Something like QoS?

Are these VOIP phones connected to the internet? Is there a dip switch in the battery compartment that you can change to a different channel?
these are cordless phones but both have the old fashioned port that plugs into the wall but i think because its almost like a bluetooth connection when you answer the phone it operates and interferes with any WIFI connection

Doesn't sound like 'channel', more like phone has absolute priority, maybe a router setting? Something like QoS?
im not quite sure, but im GOOGLE searching this issue and im not the only one who has this issue. these are AT&T phones

Do you get your phone service thru your internet provider? This could be a modem issue otherwise It’s possible there’s a 2.4 or 5.0 ghz conflicting channels. I think they came out with a 6.0 technology a while back to stop cordless phones conflicting with wireless routers.

it seems like they operate on the same frequencies as the router 2.4 Ghz

Do you get your phone service thru your internet provider? This could be a modem issue otherwise It’s possible there’s a 2.4 or 5.0 ghz conflicting channels. I think they came out with a 6.0 technology a while back to stop cordless phones conflicting with wireless routers.
2 different carriers, its definetly conflicting frequencies, i think the router itself needs an adjustment, i cannot seem to change the channels of the phone itself, even tho an AT&T manual says you would be able to if it has a channel button on the handset, i do, but it doesnt change it

2 different carriers, its definetly conflicting frequencies, i think the router itself needs an adjustment, i cannot seem to change the channels of the phone itself, even tho an AT&T manual says you would be able to if it has a channel button on the handset, i do, but it doesnt change it
Can you get into your router and change wireless channels? I don’t know if the newer phones that operate in the ghz range have channel buttons example they may just operate between 2.4-2.4999ghz if they are 900mhz that’s a different story all together.

Can you get into your router and change wireless channels? I don’t know if the newer phones that operate in the ghz range have channel buttons example they may just operate between 2.4-2.4999ghz if the are 900mhz that’s a different story all together.
this scenario has happened to me in the past and i had to contact the VERIZON carrier who changes the frequency or something on thier end to make it work right, BUT if the power ever goes out in the house this system automatically defaults back to this mess, i may have to make some calls bercause this gets very annoying if you receive or call someone while on the computer

this scenario has happened to me in the past and i had to contact the VERIZON carrier who changes the frequency or something on thier end to make it work right, BUT if the power ever goes out in the house this system automatically defaults back to this mess, i may have to make some calls bercause this gets very annoying if you receive or call someone while on the computer
Sounds very frustrating

Does you router have a 5 GHz band? Your phonmes are more than likely using the 2.4GHz band.

Best thing for you to do is ditch those old 2.4ghz phones and replace them with 5.8ghz. The 2.4 band is so saturated and way too many devices operate on that frequency, especially cordless phones and microwave ovens can interfere with other devices in the nearby area.

You maybe able to get by with upgrading your router if it doesn't already support the 5ghz but you also need to look at all of your other devices if they can work on that frequency too. You could always upgrade the router now and then upgrade the other devices as needed but the underlying issue is the 2.4ghz phone.

Reactions: JC1
Back