Lorenz Wrist Watches

For our watch geeks out there(like me), can anyone tell me anything about Lorenz watches? Anything at all?
How are they in the grand scheme of watches? Any good?

I can only find a little bit about their pricing and it seems high if you ask me.
What else can you guys tell me?

This is an Italian heritage brand that is not marketed in North America, it would be fine as most watch brands have similar parts internally and the design and marketing is about all the brand does by itself if the parent company - Gevril allows. Don't expect innovation from this brand, it might have had some in the beginning but no funds for that now.

If you like the watch brand, and want something that few others have ever heard of, go for it.

They belong to Gevril and are an old name but it seems they are past living on that name now. I never owned one but they dont have the best reputation. What do you want and what do you want to spend? Automatic, manual, quartz, chronograph, 3 hand, etc.

To be fair, the brand is unfamiliar to me. Looking at their offerings they seem to be a higher end heritage variant maker in the vein of Invicta. You might spend a bit more and step up to Hamilton or even Longines.

I'm a watch geek too. Never heard of them although I'm not an expert in this subject. My nicest watch:
Tudor BB.jpg

I am a watch geek as well and have over 70 watches but have never heard of FORENZ either.
I like your Tudor Black Bay and am familiar with them.

Well, the truth of the matter is, my FIL (RIP) living in FL, has passed away at 92 and has several watches along with all of the stuff a 92 yr old has gathered in his lifetime.

My wife & her 4 sisters all flew down to take care of matters and will be gone fore some time. All of us husbands are staying here in ROC. There's one watch for each of us.

3 SEIKO quartz
1 FORENZ that he bought in Italy
1 MILAGRO from Italy as well.

The Forenz seems to get the most interesting of the bunch though it's not as attractive as the SEIKO's from the pics they've sent me. I don't really want any of them but, my wife is grabbing me a SEIKO.

SEIKO.JPG

I have a 2020 Seiko Save The Ocean "Turtle" 45mm watch that I really like. You can actually regulate the automatics by positioning them at night. Face up will gain a couple seconds and on its side will lose a couple. I haven't set it since the last date change at the first of the month. The Tudor loses 1 to 1 1/2 seconds a day consistently so I can't regulate it by positioning.

Yup, I have several Seiko's and love'em. Citizen too.
Seiko is one of my favorite watch brands however I have a fondness for many of the old vintage American watch brands such as: Bulova, Elgin, Gruen, Hamilton, Timex, Waltham, Wittnaur, in which I own from my Dad.

Know nothing about the brand.

Going to guess that after the last purchase that they are using ETA movements which are ubiquitous and easy to fix, but kill the brand as anything that will appreciate, or likely hold value.

IF you go on Chrono 24 you'll find a variety of pieces available one says lemania so they may have used these movements as well.

Back