Looks like motorad cooling products are taking over.

Had a motorrad on my 265k mile dodge Ram. No idea how old it was. It did seep occasionally. Swapped it for the Cummins part or something like it and no issues since. The Motorrad looked different. This one I got looks like the OE Chrysler on my 442k mile dodge Ram, less the pentastar imprint on the inner band by the numbers.

7F2B42F0-1C49-407C-B8CD-0C52D36C3B36.jpeg

Has it ever occurred to you that you mostly work on old cars where there is little/no aftermarket demand for quality parts?
I would think that there are but so many sizes and pressure ratings for radiator caps, so some decent OE would be available from somewhere.

I just bought two OE caps for 30 year old cars, easily and cheaply. I think these were like $8.85 each. Reutter OE.

image.jpg

I would think that there are but so many sizes and pressure ratings for radiator caps, so some decent OE would be available from somewhere.

I just bought two OE caps for 30 year old cars, easily and cheaply. I think these were like $8.85 each. Reutter OE.

View attachment 119831
I’ve never seen a Reuter cap before. Most of the radiator caps I’ve seen on older Mercedes were Behr.

Back