Looks like motorad cooling products are taking over.

I have had bad luck with motorad parts. Mostly thermostats. The lever flip caps are junk too. Went to the dealer a couple years ago and bought a thermostat. It was a motorad and failed after 2 weeks.

All the auto parts stores only carry motorad now. Special ordered a stant cap last week. Inside the stant box was a motorad cap.

Can't win!

I replaced the thermostat on my CTS and inside the AC Delco box was a Motorad. I almost decided to skip changing it as it was just a preventative maintence I was doing. Since the car has 190k miles I changed it because I figure there's equal changce of failure with the old and the new lol...

I replaced the thermostat on my CTS and inside the AC Delco box was a Motorad. I almost decided to skip changing it as it was just a preventative maintence I was doing. Since the car has 190k miles I changed it because I figure there's equal changce of failure with the old and the new lol...
motorad is capable of supplying good products

Even when they were separate companies, both produced their share of duds. I once had to purchase four different Stant's for a single application to get one that worked. The first three were stuck closed.

Just bought a Gates radiator cap for my 2007 Ford Ranger, guess who makes Gates radiator caps......
So the name on the box raises the price for the motorad item inside??

I believe motorad bought stant so that’s why some are getting motorad in Stant boxes etc
That’s what I read too. Sucks - I still can get quality aftermarket for Japanese/German imports(Aisin - reboxed Tama Thermostat, Mahle Behr, Borg-Warner Wahler) but you’re SOL now.

Last time I ordered an ACDelco rad cap, it was made in India by TVS.

Just bought a Gates radiator cap for my 2007 Ford Ranger, guess who makes Gates radiator caps......
So the name on the box raises the price for the motorad item inside??

Used to be able to get a Motorcraft OE cap from RA. But I noticed it seems their selection of Motorcraft has been diminishing.

That’s what I read too. Sucks - I still can get quality aftermarket for Japanese/German imports(Aisin - reboxed Tama Thermostat, Mahle Behr, Borg-Warner Wahler) but you’re SOL now.

Last time I ordered an ACDelco rad cap, it was made in India by TVS.

Wasn't TVS the OE supplier though? :unsure:

The Indian TVS is still OE and the same quality as OE.

TVS is still better than Motorad :D

In the past month:

I bought a Motorad thermostat for my 2002. It was defective, the car would overheat. Replaced with Motorcraft, all good.

I bought a NAPA Belkin radiator cap for my 2016 to get me by until a Mopar showed up. I didn't even want a Motorad on the vehicle for the 4 days until the oem showed up. In the Belkin box was a Motorad cap. 😐

Lots of complaints, the parts are blatantly flimsier than better quality parts.

motorad_001.jpg

Back