Looks like I need a BMW forum - recommendations? (e46)

I haven't had a BMW since the mid 90s but it looks like one is joining the fleet soon.

I've been looking for an awd car for my stepson to let him get to the ski hill reliably. I picked up a Volvo XC70 for myself for that purpose recently, and impressed enough with it that I thought about a 2nd. But then the BMW bug started to bite me. I had a several in the late 80s and 90s before I went to Audi because I was skiing a lot then. Last night I drove a 2003 e46 330xi and couldn't stop smiling for about 2 hours. It's too much/too nice a car to give him right now, but I proposed the option that his mom buy it/take it and give him her older lexus sedan and she said, "Done." (she likes to drive!).

So what's the best forum for an e46 owner? I know there is a model-specific forum, but are there other make forums that would be better? I will likely need to get details about what to fix/look out for/etc. I've learned about the oil filter housing but I may be in for replacing some suspension bushings, cv boot, etc. - all the things that come up between 100k and 150k mi. typically.

This is one of a few out there:

Great, thanks. I'd seen the "e46fanatics" or similar, but single-model forums usually don't have the best depth IMO. I've heard of bimmerforums so I'll check it out!

Back