Looking to try out a new sealant/wax with wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am NOT looking for a wash & wax product. I want to find a wash and a separate wax/sealant that compliment each other to extend the life of the wax/sealant application.

I was considering Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax complimented with washes using Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax. The reviews sound like the wash still cleans well and should help boost the longevity of the ULW.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts on the Meguiars ultimate stuff?

Just for background, this is for daily drivers. I don't have enough time to wax/seal more than 2 times a year but I'd really like to get to 1 time a year. I liked nufinish but I have too much plastic cladding on my current vehicles and i do NOT have time to use masking tape. I'm looking for better/cheaper products than the Zaino I have been using.

Too funny, when I saw your title I was going to recommend just that! That is the exact combo I use. The Meguiars Ultimate Wash/Wax is a top notch car shampoo, it suds up very well and provides a slick barrier between your wash mitt and the paint, no other car shampoo has given me this feeling. Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax is almost like a sealant, it goes on very easy and wipes off very easy with little to no cure time. I apply it to the engine car then wipe off with microfiber. Takes all of 20 minutes or less, and the finish is smooth and glossy afterwards. Beads water nicely too, I end up applying more every 3 months or so, so I can not comment on longevity. 3 months in the blazing direct Florida sun with daily afternoon thunderstorms is a lot for any wax, so 3ish months is about how often I reapply.

Klasse All-In-One followed by a coat or two of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Apply them once a year in the fall and you are good to go for a year. It's the best and easiest paint protection system on the market IMHO. Been using it for many years with excellent results! Use with confidence.

Twice a year? It sounds like you’re looking for low maintenance – which means paint coating. Opti-Coat 2.0, CQuartz UK or even C.A.R. Products BulletProof.

The only sealant out there that may get you close to 6 months, is probably Sonax Polymer Net Shield.

Then again, my performance expectations for the products are pretty high.

Klasse is an acrylic sealant and easily goes 12 months for me in harsh New England weather. I can't speak to other products that I haven't used, but Klasse AIO followed by Klasse Sealant Glaze has yielded excellent results, and is easy to apply to boot.

nufinish and Zaino AIO have blown past 6 months for me but my cars are garaged and don't see super high heat that often or even all that much rain.

Does Klasse have a website? I can't find one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SwedishRider
Klasse All-In-One followed by a coat or two of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Apply them once a year in the fall and you are good to go for a year. It's the best and easiest paint protection system on the market IMHO. Been using it for many years with excellent results! Use with confidence.

I second this. I use this on my white elanta, and the bugs are much easier to wash off the front.

I use meguiars #205, then use meguiars ultimate wax, then a coat of collinite insulator wax all applied by da polisher.
Great protection with water just sliding right off

I currently use the Meguiars Gold class wash followed by their NXT Gen Tech wax 2.0. I really like how easily it goes on and off compared to the older waxes of years past.

I don't go six months between and honestly for six months or a year Klasse is probably your best bet. I was going to try Klasse but nobody locally carries it.

You don't have to use the Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax. Nearly any of the wash and waxes will complement your wax well as long as it is a synthetic wax. You'll know it's synthetic as long as it doesn't say carnauba. By the way synthetic waxes (like Meguairs Ultimate Wax) are sealants. They cross-link and require hours before another application if desired.

What I'd recommend is after your Wash+Wax that when you dry you use a wax as you dry. Lucky for you Meguiars has the Ultimate Spray Wax which is downright fantastic. However, Eagle One's Wax as you dry also works great... In fact I have been very surprised by nearly all I have encountered.

Any proper auto wash, clay, then Duragloss #105. One time a year? Likely not but twice a year, yes. It's cheap, it works, that's that. I appreciate what The Critic is saying but I think he gets too hung up in the super purist point of view. For the rest of us this combo twice a year will satisfy you and can be done by hand.

I speak from many years in the detailing industry and earned my living at it. It was not a hobby, it was my sole income. Expert? No, I would never claim that. Experienced in what actually works with little work and good results? YES! Are there better ways to do this with the proper buffers, pads, etc.? Of course, but that's not what it sounds like what you want to do. For what it is worth to you..........my two cents.

No offence intended to anyone.

I use klasse twice a year, i sometimes use eagle one wax as u dry spray wax on top of this after a wash. Not so much for appearance but for protection. I have lots of bugs and tree sap.

Last edited:
First of all if you want good protection in the long term you still need to have the coating product and keep that coating up. Pick your poison on that one. I like Colonite so far. What I'm trying to say there is no skipping this. Two times a year should be fine with a good product if you do the prep steps.

Everyone has their favorites so it's a matter of finding what works for you. So far after six months I really think the best week-or-two coating enhancement/maintenance product line is EagleOne. EagleOne Wax as u Wash and Wax as you Dry sound gimmicky but they really do work. I know you wrote "I am NOT looking for a wash & wax product" and that's not what I'm saying here. These two products just keep your coating (wax/syn) in place really well. The soap is VERY gentle and lifts crud nicely but doesn't remove any wax and the Wax-Dry stuff just helps dry with a couple of super lofty micro fiber towels. So simple. Give it a shot...I think it satisfies the "I'm looking for better/cheaper products" part.

Some of the crowd here talk down EagleOne. Decide yourself.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Some of the crowd here talk down EagleOne. Decide yourself.

My '05 travel trailer with fiberglass exterior still looks new, i have used eagle one wax as u dry since day one. A few days a go i did try the turtle wax ice. I think i am going back to the eagle one. I use it on the front before each trip and each time i wash it all over the exterior, plastic and glass as well. Does not hurt the decals.

Last edited:
For a liquid I'd go for the duragloss 2 step pruct. I'd use the duragloss no rinse with their spray wax included. You can wash your car at night in the garage which is something that would interest you.

Thanks for all the input. So far I think I have narrowed it down to the following for twice a year applications of the wax/sealant and probably once a month car washes:
- Zaino Z-7 wash with AIO if I decide to support the little guys
- Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax with Ultimate Liquid Wax
- EagleOne Wash followed up with Polish & Wax

I'm not just looking at these but these are where I'm going to start doing more research. Klasse sounds great but a bit pricey and no car wash available to compliment it bothers me, that and I don't like the 2 step application process. I barely have time to do one application when I can squeeze this stuff in.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Klasse sounds great but a bit pricey and no car wash available to compliment it bothers me, that and I don't like the 2 step application process. I barely have time to do one application when I can squeeze this stuff in.

You can use a capful of Klasse to make your car wash solution, but I prefer to use a dedicated car wash (currently using G-CLEAN Car Wash: http://www.getg.com/G-CLEAN/car_wash.php).

And you can just use the Klasse AIO with no coat of the Sealant Glaze to get 6 months protection. The Glaze gives the full 12-months of durability, which I like since it only requires application once a year. But if you prefer only one coat every six months, Klasse AIO would fit the bill.

In any event, good luck with your car care!
smile.gif

The klasse is expensive up front, but you use so little. I have done our car at least 3-4 times and i have plenty left in a 16.9 oz bottle. with the gray bottle sealant you use so little, you do not put it on heavy just a light coat. In fact it is hard on a white car to make sure you don't miss a spot. I do one panel at a time. I use the red aio then the gray sealant. the next morning i repeat the gray sealant. Its east to apply and takes no effort to remove. I can do the whole process of aio and two sealants with less effort than one past wax application. The next time i wash i use eagle one wax as u dry over this. Really helps with bird bombs , bugs , and tree sap. I think the Klasse may be less expensive in the long run with how little you use. This is for protection however. If you are looking for a showroom shine and gloss, this might not be for you.

Last edited:
FW1 Racing Formula cleaning wax with carnauba keeps beading rain after 5 months here under hot all-year-round summer sun.

More here, with pix:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3006975/Re:_Fw1_spray#Post3006975

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back