Looking to try out a new sealant/wax with wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: badtlc
Thanks for all the input. So far I think I have narrowed it down to the following for twice a year applications of the wax/sealant and probably once a month car washes:
- Zaino Z-7 wash with AIO if I decide to support the little guys
- Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax with Ultimate Liquid Wax
- EagleOne Wash followed up with Polish & Wax

I'm not just looking at these but these are where I'm going to start doing more research. Klasse sounds great but a bit pricey and no car wash available to compliment it bothers me, that and I don't like the 2 step application process. I barely have time to do one application when I can squeeze this stuff in.

I noticed that all of your narrowed down list are available over the counter. That's definitely an advantage. While not many products can reliably go six months in all kinds of challenging conditions, lots of decent products can reliably go four. So, worst case scenario, you have to do your car three times a year.

Given your time constraints, I would consider a rinseless wash. The only one I know of that's available over the counter is the excellent Turtlewax product. Its reasonably priced and available at some Wal-Marts. (You can also order stuff cheaply at Wal-Mart for pickup later for no extra charge).

I went went with the Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax and the Meguiar's Ultimate Wash. I have done both of my cars this week. It took me about 2 hours to wash, prep, wax and remove the wax per car. It looks really good at the moment.

I haven't been able to test longevity yet, but, time will tell. It is definitely an easy product to use compared to others I have used! So, I recommend that at the moment.

Originally Posted By: Cooper
I went went with the Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax and the Meguiar's Ultimate Wash. I have done both of my cars this week. It took me about 2 hours to wash, prep, wax and remove the wax per car. It looks really good at the moment.

I haven't been able to test longevity yet, but, time will tell. It is definitely an easy product to use compared to others I have used! So, I recommend that at the moment.

Please keep us (or at least me) updated with your results! Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: Cooper

Please keep us (or at least me) updated with your results! Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. I let both cars sit outside yesterday through some pretty bad storms. They are beading up nicely. I really like the look of the Meguiar's. I am impressed so far.

The paint has a nice mirror finish with the Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax and Ultimate Wash! I am very happy with it as of right now.

IMG_0022_zps573aa869.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back