Looking to Change oil on my 2015 Dodge Journey - new to forum.

I have a 2020 Jeep with the 3.6 I bought new and 2017 Journey with it also.....I bought used with 14k miles ....I use 5w20 QS syn in both now and Mopar filters....and change at 5k

I have ran Pennzoil, Napa, Havoline, and now Valvoline whatever Synthetic on sale. I am sticking to Valvoline. Normally I run Severe duty which is around 4k which according to the hour meter is about right.

I prefer QSUD over penzoil for a Chrysler spec oil. I also prefer kirkland and supertech full syn over penzoil.
Just my .02 c

This may not help you at all. But I trust my Dad a lot, and he swears by running Mobil 1 synthetic In his vehicles, so I will be to, in my little 2008 Fit I just bought Saturday. Will change the oil at 6 months or 10k kms, whichever comes first.

I’ve run Mobil1, QS, RGT, Castrol Magnetic, Valvoline, Pennzoil Platinum, Napa synthetic, Carquest synthetic, Super Tech synthetic and TGMO.

For some reason Castrol Magnetic was the quietest (and for that I liked it). My engines have tended to burn a little more oil with Super Tech and seem louder. Burned the least oil with RGT. And all the others seemed/performed the same or similar. I end up buying whatever is on sale or clearance...which right now isn’t a lot...best I could do recently was Pennzoil Platinum, two jugs for $44, with a $22 Shell rebate card.

I’ve run Mobil1, QS, RGT, Castrol Magnetic, Valvoline, Pennzoil Platinum, Napa synthetic, Carquest synthetic, Super Tech synthetic and TGMO.

For some reason Castrol Magnetic was the quietest (and for that I liked it). My engines have tended to burn a little more oil with Super Tech and seem louder. Burned the least oil with RGT. And all the others seemed/performed the same or similar. I end up buying whatever is on sale or clearance...which right now isn’t a lot...best I could do recently was Pennzoil Platinum, two jugs for $44, with a $22 Shell rebate card.
I have to agree 100% with your statement. I have run the exact same oils and have to say, magnetic was the quietest.
I believe I got a bit better has mileage as well.

Back